How do you play a monster for maximum profit?

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So as many above mentioned there is no definitive answer to this...
Fact is, if you were not the original pre flop aggressor (IE you are in position) dont hurry up. Dont forget to not change your table image while you hold the nuts, play consistently. You dont want to change the pattern of your behaviour in these spots, because it simply may be suspicious to the players that actually take care of your actions. If you are playing live, some hollywooding may help, but not too much, because that could bring too much attention. I would slowplay the nuts, but if you C-bet 90% of the flops dont worry too much and Cbet as usual. OFC it also depends on your opponent... if he is LAG then yeah baby play the weak and take long to call etc. Just hollywood and sell your nuts for the best price :) But sometimes you are going to face a nit and dont get any value, but yeah thats poker and thats how it sometimes works.

Good luck :)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case, it is necessary to think about how to get more chips from the opponent. Here everything depends on the structure of the flop, and on how our opponent plays. I think you need to play slowly, making the minimum bet on the flop, slightly bigger on the turn and bigger on the river. This is a quite effective scheme for the slow replenishment of the bank.

A

anthonydalvaro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my defense, I was the chip leader by far, so I took into consideration that villain would shove like that thinking that I was donk raising him preflop, wanting me to fold most of my range :)
Is there a video link or something for that DNeg hand? Would like to check it if possible :)

6:22:55

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of variables

Generally I would at least let them see the turn. Hopefully they are now drawing to a straight or a flush. I bet to make them see river.Check to induce bluff and check-raise allin if they hit their flush or straight. Defiantly let them see the turn unless it is a sophisticated player then you want to make it look like a bluff as much as possible.:cool:

Stuey

Stuey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ha ha haha

It all depends. If you need to ask how to play a monster hand you don't have much of a sot in this game. How would you play for example TPTK with AK on a Ace high flop? - If you need help with your monster hands how you expect to fare with one pair hands?

You have a long and very expensive road ahead of you in this game.