How do you handle when you encounter a master with a rather large hand?

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I just finished my Tet holiday in Vietnam. In my country, playing cards is very popular. I met a pretty good player who had confusing playing styles at the live Cash table, and I couldn't make a profit during this period.
1. Open with bad hands and fold as soon as you bet.
2. Always semi bluff on the flop with a dry face
3. Be very confident in catching bluffs.
I couldn't win against them and lost a lot even though I played very tight. Is this problem due to blackness?

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Remember that poker is a game of long-term decisions:
Don't let yourself be carried away by just one hand. Make decisions based on the information available and the general strategy of the game.
In general, facing an opponent with a strong hand requires patience and careful evaluation of the situation. Consider all relevant factors before deciding whether to continue the hand, fold, or take other action.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think players who play every day and know how to play against different players have already been trained to play against different poker styles and they have chosen how to play against you as a tight player, you just need to be a non-standard player sometimes aggressive sometimes passive sometimes you bluff, and so on so that players don't play against you according to the same theory

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Professionals have a mastery of mathematics and probability, and a unique sense of game psychology that allows them to read opponents and make informed decisions in unpredictable situations. Studying the experiences of poker masters helps you avoid common mistakes and develops the analytical mind necessary for successful play.Checking can also be an effective bluff. If your opponents expect you to bet aggressively, checking can create the impression of weakness. This can easily be used to your advantage in later rounds of trading.The more you play, the more your intuitive understanding of the game develops. You begin to better understand your opponents' style of action and make decisions faster in various situations.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My advice to you is to enter every and all your cash games super tight. Don't get involved unless it's cheap with marginal hands and make yourself known when massive. I don't get creative in any way until I'm freerolling and by that point within a session you'll have a table image that won't have you messed with. Once you are playing with the money you've already taken from the table you'll be able to command more and will have a better scope of your rivals. Good luck 🤞🏾

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands