How to consistently win when while being card dead?

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and discipline goes a long way in poker.

H

HiSavin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There has been a lot of good advice in this thread. Patience is key when it comes to cash games, and while you're folding all those bad hands, use the down time to study your opponents. Knowing who you're playing against makes all the difference. Find their weaknesses and exploit them. Remember...no one knows you're holding 62. Find the right spot and make a move to at least collect blinds that no one else wants to fight for. The cards will come back to you eventually. Just be patient.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only thing about folding so much is "regs" will pick up on it. Many times I'm playing live cash someone will mention how I haven't played any hands haha.

I just use that to my advantage to rep stronger ranges on boards that don't connect with theirs.

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"a chip saved is a chip won"

i really like that... its how you have to think when card dead.... i often get bored folding and then get caught playing a marginal hand.... it's better to be patient and "save/win" chips

Vadimka2704

Vadimka2704

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for a normal hand,no hurry, it's not a tournament.

M

Morly4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always use the advantage of your position, it will help u a lot

Vini_lepoker

Vini_lepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you won't consistently win. You know this is not up to you, just accept it. Control the things you can - making +EV decisions and not tilting.

H

Haanski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't always need the cards to win sometimes it is what ranges you can represent vs your opponents ranges

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is better to try all the games (if you have money and time) and see where you go to play better, perhaps in smaller tournaments, you'll be more relaxed while playing with some "impossible" played cards ;)

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello look first try to improve your stack to open your range of hands since with a low stack for many and I include it is difficult to play since this is the concern that a big stack play aggressive and impel us to go all in, too You can be a conservative player and attack when you have the opportunity, I hope you serve us see you!!

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play MTT and win sometimes never seeing a premium pair

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm in such cases, I try to wait for good cards. But I never forget that you can use Blyde theft. After all, opponents do not know that, you do not have good cards for a long time. In an extreme case, the Blyde eats you quickly try to trim more or less suitable card and allyn.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest, for me as a better shield and fold cards

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found when I am card dead, I am constantly tempted to play hands that would be playable in late position, OOP.
Then I spend the rest of the hand not knowing where I am...

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is whats required when on a bad run even take a break or in cash game drop down to a lower stake game its something you have to put up with in poker

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait. 1 in every 50 hands will be a decent hand you could play with. When you folded for that long your opponents will know you raise them for a reason. If anyone of them calls you will see the flop. If you have the nut you could slow play it(for example a full house). The opponent knows you are very tight player who hates bluffing. He will attack. He will bet. Do not snap call. Wait a bit. Then on the turn he will raise the bet if he has something or check if he has nothing. If he bets raise him with something small. He would be too committed to the pot and will pay you. On the river if you still have the nut go all-in he will pay you 80% of the time since his ego will call to do it. Then you are back in the game.

If you hit a decent hand on the flop play it super aggressive with bet 2/3 or 1/2 of the pot to scare him and take what it is already there.

Same if you miss the flop.

Note: These work only against 1 or max 2 opponents left after your pre-flop raise. If there are more paid you you should make a bet 2 times bigger the pot only if you hold a two pair or more and hope none of them hit their set.

P

Pavel Stezhkin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also concluded that the important thing in poker - is patience. And it does not matter how you're lucky, the main thing that you you use. Yesterday in the tournament was over 9 hours, one mistake and everything .... The loss came as soon as the patient is over.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Card dead? better shut down your PC and go away. Poker will not go anywhere, there's always be tomorrow.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I know that should have folded that in first place.. but was sure I will get straight and what happened when I got it.. was beyond sick..

https://www.boomplayer.com/cs/21948137_483EADB7DD

Really didnt believe that guy that has flush.. but he had... also gotten it on river..

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
learn to play in spite of your cards,,,imagine you have the nuts sometimes,,,and most important i think ,,,,learn to play position,it has made a world of differance in my game,,,practice,practice,practice,,,:cool: cheers n g day.