hit and run bankroll builder

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regardless what all the above said... I have used the strategy but with $200.... it involves not being greedy and actually playing quite nitty.

Eventually if you play too tight and scared the regs will catch up with that, so you have that against you eventually. And you won't afford the varience so you need to play quite tight but know how to disguise your hands by playing softish hands that everyone limps in with.

Anyways I started a roll this way but with max buy-in and hit n run and it does work but you need to make sure you have the discipline and need to control what you bring in so you don't lose it all in one punch.. If you do manage to hit say 500... spend the starting amount u had on something, that way if you do eventually lose then you won't have lost at all if you get me? :) But if you do succeed well done!

Pokers all about what works for you and not what everyone else thinks works for you... .We are all different creatures remember that and you need to have a solid plan.

And remember if everyone gets annoyed at you... It's not really a bad thing and your plan might be working. Just make sure you have the discipline and there is a lot of luck involved with this strat the start is so important.

Last edited:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also I forgot to add. If you can't get your tilting under control, then this isn't going to work for you at all either. You're going to stop when you're up $50, but you're going to pull out your wallet or run to the atm when you lose buyin after buyin on those bad variance nights. Read up on tilt control and you won't have to be a POS hit-n-runner. Tilt control will help some with variance, hit and running won't.

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
live rake will crush you go save money up

S

shikfootball15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in the short term it might work. But your not really hitting and running bc your gonna have to play again someday!

H

heAdstroMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hit and running is dirty imo, and should not be encouraged!

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. If you are good at poker, you shouldn't have to hit and run to avoid losing your profit. You should be able to sit without losing chips constantly.

Obviously run bad happens. Unlucky coolers happen.

But a winning player should not have to hit and run to build a BR.

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hit and run can be a decent strategy if you play live, especially if you find some soft tables. But I would suggest you not limit to $50 a day. Limit your losses NOT your WINNINGS.

I would suggest buying in for $200, if you drop to $100, then leave. If you build to over $250, leave if you drop to $200. If you build to over $300 then leave if you drop to $250, etc. This way you can max out your winning steaks while somewhat minimizing risk.

Looking forward to the updates.

this is correct you should not limit your winnings, only limits the losses!;)

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think hit and run is best strategy.there will be days where you cant win and days you are card dead. very hard to hit and run with varaince

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get up and change tables if card dead... Or if the only maniac at the table gets up and goes.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get up and change tables if card dead... Or if the only maniac at the table gets up and goes.

That's completely different and doesn't have to do with hit and running. Although you do realize that switching tables will have no effect on what cards are coming to you, right? It's poker, not a slot machine.

L

loomis311

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with what is being said above. If you cashout when you are $50 ahead your poker profits are going to grow much more slowly than if you just keep playing. There is a lot of variance in poker. I would concentrate more on making correct decisions. If correct decisions are made the money will come, no matter your short term downswing.

However, if you feel yourself tilting at all, then I would strongly advise getting up on walking for a while. Or if you feel you do not have an edge at the table I would also advise walking. There is no shame in walking here.

D

DaMan1313

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't take this wrong, but I think you have a lot to learn.

Buying in for $50 is really a waste. It only limits the amount you can win. But it does not give you the powet to protect big hands from draws and multiway pots. It is gonna take a lot of luck for you to build a bankroll if you tilt and buy in for 25 BBs.

Making profits in $1/$2 requires a solid understanding of the game, variance, bankroll management, and emotional control.

It is not gonna be as easy as you may think. I have been trying to perfect my game for years.
I agree buy in for max never want to leave money on the table and also there are many reasons to leave a game but to avoid suckouts isn't one of them. i will love to hear your updates but i really don't think you will get 5k not anytime soon anyway.

C

coryriggs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck on your challenge. Looking forward to knowing how it goes. If it goes well I might just have to try it myself. lol.

A

AcesUp747

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like a good way to cap your winnings also......

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's completely different and doesn't have to do with hit and running. Although you do realize that switching tables will have no effect on what cards are coming to you, right? It's poker, not a slot machine.

Yes but sitting there with a bunch of nits and not going beyond the flop for 2 hrs is a waste of quality time... Changing tables where theres ppl throwing in money is a lot smarter :) and it'll help with hit and running.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes but sitting there with a bunch of nits and not going beyond the flop for 2 hrs is a waste of quality time... Changing tables where theres ppl throwing in money is a lot smarter :) and it'll help with hit and running.

I was talking about getting better cards, not the people at your table. I agree with you about switching based on who is at the table, but not just because of being card dead.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management