This helps ME a little

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing in SnG's, I kinda lay back a little(some times a lot) and let the other 8 or 9 players duke it out for a while. I don't usually go in unless I've got strong hole cards or pretty good cards and small call bets. I usually do very, very well in SnG's using this method. I will now incorporate this method to my MTT play(playing the tables I'm at like an SnG table. Seems to work pretty good in the early rounds of the MTT's. Change the method deeper into the tournaments though(chip stacks and better plaers being involved). Like I said though, this seems to help ME. Any thoughts on this?

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah playing tight at the start of a SNG is always a good move there really isn't to much of a rush looking how deep the stacks are compared to the blinds on the first 3-4 levels, depends on your cards i guess i've knocked out all 8 other players sometimes while other's i only beat the last guy i was head's up with always good to mix it up if you have a few guys you've played with before on the table with you also.

E

Emtiy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's indeed considered to be a good playing style to lay back in the early stages of a tournament, but this does depend on the kind of tournament and the level of play there. I also read an article (in Dutch) about tournament strategy where an agressive style in the early stages was advised. This was however written for high stakes play, where most of the people play very tight in the beginning, so this doesn't apply to cheap tournaments or freerolls.

As I don't play very expensive I also follow your strategy, and it works perfectly :)