The Help Robbie Thread

J

JACQUI

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm from personal experience people who use evasive phrases such as " I usually turn a fairly good profit" aren't being entirely honestly with them selves :p Winning players can tell you down to the last cent exactly how much they have made. Also mentioning it feels rigged? Think you need to drop down, buy some tracking software and beat the micro's for a good winrate. And why on earth would you want to move to games where there are LESS donkies? donkies are what allows me to beat 2nl for 30/bb over a 21k hand sample while running well below AIEV :S
If I'm totally wrong, please correct me but also please don't take offence I'm offering what I think is probably sound advice,

I usually make between 10 and 40 bucks a day, in saying that I also have down days where I have lost a lot more, but generally I leave with profit. By fairly good profit I meant that im not earning anything like as much as most of you which I would assume is more like several hundred or more. Also about the donks on the lower levels, they can be very profitable yes but they also fluke a lot by following with crap hands and rivering what they were after, I just find it more frustrating playing with people that will call you down with anything especially when a lot of hands on pokerstars are rigged to suck in multiple people by flopping someones straight,the turn is someone elses straight or flush then the river becomes someone elses full house. And no I dont use software because im used to playing live games and personally enjoy playing without it. The main reason I play online now is simply because its convenient, I live out of town and dont get to as many live games as I would like. Its just quite a change from sitting playing with actual people to playing on a tablet or computer which is where I have the issue, changing my game style to suit online play.

R

rlzaleski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can beat the donks, but you're having issues with the variance, then you need to play at a level where you can play more games and bet large when you are ahead. If you know the donks will call your all in when you make it 5:1 by massively overbetting, and you are pretty sure you are 70+% to win, then do it. You'll have to play more tournaments and not let it tilt you when you loose. But it's still going to happen 3+ tourneys in a row where you get it all in with the best (70%+ to win) and you loose, that's just how it goes.

Isolating helps a lot too, having 4-5 people draw against you is a lot worse than just one donk drawing against you. And you need to not spew your chips so you can get ahead and stay ahead by a hefty margin. Then when you loose a flip you won't be out, and hopefully won't even be crippled. You should also be able to get your chips back from a Donk pretty easily so long as you wait for the next spot that's good to go.

Fact is, the sites don't have to cheat to get your money. The rake system is rigged so they can do that pretty easily

Variance is a big part of poker. And you either have to become psycologically tough enough to blow it off, or not play. If you can't, take up Chess or Go.

J

JACQUI

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can beat the donks, but you're having issues with the variance, then you need to play at a level where you can play more games and bet large when you are ahead. If you know the donks will call your all in when you make it 5:1 by massively overbetting, and you are pretty sure you are 70+% to win, then do it. You'll have to play more tournaments and not let it tilt you when you loose. But it's still going to happen 3+ tourneys in a row where you get it all in with the best (70%+ to win) and you loose, that's just how it goes.

Isolating helps a lot too, having 4-5 people draw against you is a lot worse than just one donk drawing against you. And you need to not spew your chips so you can get ahead and stay ahead by a hefty margin. Then when you loose a flip you won't be out, and hopefully won't even be crippled. You should also be able to get your chips back from a Donk pretty easily so long as you wait for the next spot that's good to go.

Fact is, the sites don't have to cheat to get your money. The rake system is rigged so they can do that pretty easily

Variance is a big part of poker. And you either have to become psycologically tough enough to blow it off, or not play. If you can't, take up Chess or Go.

This was helpful, thank you. I need to be more careful of them I think, and try not to let it get to me as much. Im used to being able to get more of a read off of people live and there arnt really any donkeys where I play. It can just be quite frustrating.
Also I get that they dont need to rig it but it seems to happen a lot more with their software than with a real deck. Personally I think they get a kick out of it haha ;)