Help me with this psychological flaw

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't do that

Realize you can put more pressure on players depending on the situation but don't start bluffing at crazy rates and as if you are playing a freeroll, because you aren't.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you are experiencing is another form of tilt. King of the mountain and nothing you do can go wrong. That's the beauty of poker, each hand can dramatically change how much you win or lose during a session.

One thing that winning poker players have is discipline and patience. If you feel like you are straying away from your A-game, take a break or come back to play another day. Celebrate the win and take a breather. Making fancy plays or playing looser because you are winning is not a good move to make at all.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be the same. It all comes under being disciplined. You have to play your game no matter how high you are up.
One thing you could do is set up a bb target for a session. Once you cover up that amount you are done. You end the session.
The other is setting up a stop loss or a trailing stop. Once you go down that limit (25/50 BB for ex) you get off.
This is what I always have done in live games

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I am the only 1 that's going to tell you that you are not doing anything wrong. You are taking a shot at a bigger win.
I say, keep doing it.

When you start with $100 and you are up to $400, hell yes you should take some chances!!! Just don't lose it all back... If you take a shot and lose - tighten back up for a while.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In any case, the game should bring you joy, and not become another source of disappointment. And for this sometimes it is necessary to understand not with different strategies and opponents, but with yourself.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I am the only 1 that's going to tell you that you are not doing anything wrong. You are taking a shot at a bigger win.
I say, keep doing it.

When you start with $100 and you are up to $400, hell yes you should take some chances!!! Just don't lose it all back... If you take a shot and lose - tighten back up for a while.
Mhmm and how do you stop losing it all? By minimising the variance by playing many small swing sessions relative to the bankroll. :)

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline Discipline Discipline.....all they are saying, but you need more ! discipline will come by hemself with proper mindset ! you need go deeper in your psychology and make proper adjusments !