Have you ever lost everything?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lost money - bank roll management

Just another bump in the road. Happened and happens to me, too. Advisers say to decide what buy-in you wish to play and start with a 20X BR. I am not sure how that with experience fares. What do you think?:bike:

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash games you can make money fast and lose even faster still

R

Rskeyyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah. not much but i wasn't happy at all...

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost $ 50 but in mtt but I played 10,000 hands and 124 tournaments now analyzing my game and finding bugs!

R

Rskeyyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i lost everything few years ago. now i have started to play poker again. let's see how it will be going.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens, as you can read.
So what do you do about it?
Try to find out:
- why did you loose the bankroll
- what to change to prevent it from happening again
Playing poker has an endless learning curve, just like life.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll management assures that you don't lose your money quickly; even on tilt, if you stick to the plan, it will work.
also, it is true no bankroll management will save you from going broke if you are a bad player, but proper bankroll management will help you grow as a player with less money

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, all my couple dollars :( Still missing it :D

D

dpoole71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management is so important but like you alot of us fail to actually do it

C

ceco99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never play all your money maybe play sit&go .

IamVALHALLA

IamVALHALLA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having 20x buy in is all well and good, but there comes a point where some players simply don't have $40 in their account to play 2NL with a sensible BRM plan. For that reason, BRM only works properly if your game is solid.

My advice would be to tighten up your game, be patient, study the game, read, learn.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am one of a large number of these guys ))) I Think a lot of players lost everything when playing for cash, maybe I'm wrong))

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
So after all this posts, there is only one logical result> you have to get better, because there THEY earn the money :aetsch:I am not a bad poker player after 6 months, but I won't throw my money in shark's throats.

Correct! The knowledgeable players are just waiting to take your money.Spend a long time learning the game. Fresh fishy dollars are always welcomed by the sharks.:eek:

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not all my money. Bought into cash game for $200 at Golden Nugget in Vegas. Played smart. Only problem, guys came with a couple thousand and all they have to do is bully and more times than not, they take small stacks out with pure luck.Its why I stick with tournaments.

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy to do online. Online, especially in freerolls wher players play lottery poker, easy to get donked out. I don't waste alot of money online. I'll put some in here and there just for fun. If I want a chance at making money, I'll play a live table tournament.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Easy to do online. Online, especially in freerolls wher players play lottery poker,.

It's easy to lose your bankroll online... especially while playing in 'freerolls'. ok :confused:

I can't wait to read your next pearl of wisdom :)

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's easy to lose your bankroll online... especially while playing in 'freerolls'. ok :confused:

I can't wait to read your next pearl of wisdom :)

Ya, didn't think about that before typing it. Was just thinking more of how you get donked in freeroll. Wasn't thinking bankroll.

Still, you don't have to be a dick about it.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as others have said, never abuse your available amount of money. Another thing, in case you pick up the play type zooms, you have a way of earning a small chunk in cents if you bet / pay to see the flop and then you can either bluff or have a card with a value of 4bb. The players are mostly looses and lack confidence
case you see something wrong, it's because I used a translator because my english is not 100%

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, yes I have :eek: but before practicing BRM. Though as others have said, if you practice good BRM, you have a better chance of avoiding it all together.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's like mocking

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've lost my bankroll several times, both in cash games and MTTs, so have learned the hard way about the importance of bankroll management. 100 buy-ins for cash and 300-500 for re-entry and rebuy MTT's.