GREAT FLOP!!!!! What next?

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot if times,early in an MTT, I'll get a flop where i've got the nuts. Problem is the all in cowboys, haven't played long enough at the table to check out the other players, and the chasers (wha wlse is new). Anyway, lets say I'm holding jd,qc and the flop comes 8s 9s and 10d. there are 5 plyers stayed in the hand. I've tried this both ways,and a lot of the times it works and sometime it doesn't. What I really like to do is hold back and see what others bet if i'm on the button to see if I can force out some chips. But, when I'm first bettor, it seems most of the time if I make even a small bet, everyone folds, and what reeeealy gets me, if I don't bet, there are enough players left that someone always sucks out on me most of the time it seems.
all help or comments appreciated.

R

RazeALLin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Better to win a small amount than to lose much more. Bet with that hand in the situation youve given

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better to win a small amount than to lose much more. Bet with that hand in the situation youve given

In the long run this is what you want. A steady increase in your bankroll is the key to being a winning player. You are suffering from the "I have to win big or I'm not a good player" syndrome. Play for the steady rise and you will hit the big ones once in a while; in the meantime your bankroll won't take that big hit.

F

Fulltilthater

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should probably raise. slowplaying is just as big risk as raising cause they will probably call with 2pair and if they get full house it doesnt matter if you slowplay it or not... bad thing would be a J or Q on board or flush cards, by slowplaying.

XxJackAcexX

XxJackAcexX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience is all it takes! it's ture it is always better to win that lose! even a little! now if you flop the nuts playing either way is great! if a bad beat is there on internet poker is just there not really much you can do about that! just believe they happen more times in internet play than live! , but do believe the bad beats are there! the key is to know what bad beats could happen at all times and just be ready for it! , acceptance of that fact will improve your game! but as far as flopping the nuts is concerned its always a make or break situation( 36 % of the time someone has flopped the bigger nuts) just stick to your game and play the hands well and you'll notice things along the way that will improve your game even more! take it easy and good luck at the tables!!

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
( 36 % of the time someone has flopped the bigger nuts)

Then u didnt flop the nutz then:eek: :confused: :p

P

PokerkingAAAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you flop the nuts with 2 flush cards on the flop I would usually bet even you risk the other players folding. I was in this cash game with flop 8 9 10 all clubs, I was first to act I went all in (was sort of short stack) with J Qc, it was very bad play by me but still won the pot.