good win to loss ratio?

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does a good win to loss ratio look like for a solid winning player at cash games. I just started keeping track of my earnings and so far at cash games i have 18 wins and 10 losses. I know its not much of a sample size, im just wondering what i should be striving for

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does a good win to loss ratio look like for a solid winning player at cash games. I just started keeping track of my earnings and so far at cash games i have 18 wins and 10 losses. I know its not much of a sample size, im just wondering what i should be striving for

The key stat is not winning sessions vs losing sessions, it is BB won/ 100 hands.

Do you have Pokertracker? If so it will keep track of lots of stats including bb/100. If you don't have it you can download a free 60 trial version.

Over the very long term I have heard that 4bb/ 100 is pretty good but of course you will experience very hot periods where you are winning much more and cold periods when you are losing. That's why bankroll Management is key.

Right now I am playing 2nl and my winrate for 6022 hands is 6.88 BB/ 100. Of course 6022 hands is a pretty small sample but overall I have played 48663 hands on Full Tilt at 2/ 5/ 10/ 25nl.

Q

QTipDTB

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fx is correct, of course. To your questions though, over my career, I've won just over 50% of my sessions...something like 56/44. That's about 3 million hands; however, I'm looking at sessions normally as a given day.