Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Do you use a strategy to get out of the table after winning a good amount? Have you done this and what do you think of this strategy. Should poker rooms penalize this?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No, why does winning a good amount mean you should leave?

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
No, I usually play until I get too tired or need to do something else.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I honestly would like to understand why we think it should be banned? Cannot stop anyone from leaving the table & it doesn't harm anyone playing in the table.

In on-line cash I do it. In live cash, I can't simply because there are no other open seats in other tables (there's even a queue waiting for open seat). If opportunity presents itself, I'll cash out & rebuy-in on other table. Keep profits safe & play again without worry of loosing 'em all.

Last edited:
vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's always better to get up from the table winning than losing. And this has nothing to do with poker rooms. This is none of their business.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

It took me a while to realize that quitting while ahead is a great strategy. I often play until I double up, then I leave and rejoin. No harm in it and it should not be banned or penalized!

Others do it to me all the time - so fair game. :D

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody ever went broke taking a profit, but at the same time if the game is good and they are giving me their money i'm tempted to stick around and win more.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
My strategy is to leave the table after a few rounds when I double my stack.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I never leave a table because i am winning since that would be -EV.
If the table is too tough I leave though.
So I think to build a strategy based on chipstack only makes sense if you have serious leaks playing with a lot of chips.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you can quit the game anytime you win, you can quit and everyone in poker is not punished. But of course it's not pleasant for people who lost money, but if there is no punishment for it, you can quit after defeating your opponent but why if you made money from him you can make even more money from him:)

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you use a strategy to get out of the table after winning a good amount? Have you done this and what do you think of this strategy. Should poker rooms penalize this?

I get out of the table when I feel I played the amount it was on my initial plan. If you are winning too much and start to feel fear of losing and decide to leave the table because of it, this might be considered as a positive tilt. A positive tilt is a situation where we are winning a lot and then we decide to quit playing, so we do not lose our good winrate. Is a tilt caused primarily by anxiety.
Personally I tried not to leave the table unless I feel that I'm not totally focused or playing poorly.
Poker rooms shouldn't penalize this attitude because this is the essence of cash games: if we enter the table and we receive an urgent call and we decide to leave 15 minutes after we entered the table, that's okay. If we played for 1 hour and got lucky enough to produce a wonderful winrate and decide to leave, this is also okay.

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I try to play a couple of hands after winning a significant pot. If I'm card dead for like 10-15 hands and tired, I quit.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on what limit you are playing, if the players are unfamiliar to you, then you can leave, but if you decide that after this they will not want to play with you in the future, then for the sake of decency, play a couple of rounds of the game,

I am of the opinion that you should treat people the way you would like them to treat you.