flopped monster but could not get paid off

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the post above. I was going to say since they bet the flop you could try a min reraise with a 1/3 size of the pot bet on the river if they check it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yup agree with other posters, genuine monsters dont come along too often so

when you hit a monster, you gotta start building a pot. As other posters have

alluded to, you must assume he has something to come along with. why?

because if he has nothing you weren't going to make any $$ anyway. Definately

lead out on the flop next time.

You're not headsup vs. villain here on the flop... it's a 4-way pot and hero is first to act, out of pos. in SB. Surely he can check here?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If i was in your situation, i too would have limped which i think the best strategy against a bluffer when we have top hand...
And more i would have wanted him to catch a flush, so i would have let him watch the turn cheaply...
I would like to say that the UTG played very good there, as its not easy to fold to a post river bet after double betting and 3/4 pot raise initially...
Well u both played correctly from wat i see...
Very nice strategies by both of you.

I don't understand something here?? You said "its not easy to fold to a river bet after cbetting 3/4pot on the flop" Really? My guess, villain is on pr. maybe TT JJ, the Ks obviously kills all action.
What hand could villain have here that he would assume could beat anything? I'm guessing it was an easy fold.

superman4all

superman4all

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like the other guy was just trying the continuation bet and it didn't work out for him