Chips
Yeah any reviews on this material would be great

B

bull

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did and frankly I'm not impressed. All the videos are years old and of poor quality. It looks like a situation where they're milking it as much as they can.
I suggest look somewhere else.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:(

Yikes, well that's not true, but everyone has an opinion I guess.

Anywhere else that you can get personalized attention on your game for the prices we have, please let me know. I know all of the training sites, and I'm friends with just about all of those guys. You will get a million videos, but not much personal attention to what your needs are or an organized system.

But if there's a specific video you think sucks, or doesn't apply right now, please let me know. I'm always looking to keep the material up to date. I take down any content I don't think is applicable to today's games.

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was one of those that took the 1/2 price offer and am just coming to the end of the Roots course. I think the videos are excellent. Yes, many are out of date but as John says they are still relevant (or at least seem so to me).

I do have some suggestions though. There is a LOT of material to take in. At the beginning there were some quizzes which were helpful to make sure that the ideas were being learned but these disappeared later on. It would be good to have a test/quiz after each lesson. After completing the quizzes, a very thorough automated response came back telling you why the correct answers are right and incorrect answers wrong. This was excellent.

It would also be good to get some personalised attention. Even just half way through the course I think a questionnaire could be sent out asking how you are finding the course and for you to highlight any problems you're having. Ideally this would be monthly though. It would be great also to be able to test or rate yourself at the beginning of the course so that you could see how much you've improved. Sometimes this is difficult if you're not getting any individual feedback.

I do realise that there is a forum where you can ask questions but most of the posts seem to be months/years old so it is not as encouraging as it could be. You are very conscientious though and I'm sure you would answer questions very quickly if they were asked.

On the whole, I think it's a great course and I've learned a lot. So much good information. So to summarise, my suggestions are:

1. More tests/quizzes. One per lesson if possible?
2. Some sort of self-evaluation. Maybe at start, middle and end of course?
3. Some individual feedback. Maybe tied in self evaluation test to find out how the student is doing and maybe suggestions to make better use of the course if things aren't going well.

Hope this helps. :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, that is helpful. Thank you. I mean, we are not a training site that is just pumping out mindless videos. Honestly, I'm not sure how most people watch those kinds of videos. I'm sure there are some that are good, but not sure how you wade through all of them to find the good ones, and there's no structure. I like your evaluation suggestion. I thought we actually did that it one of the courses, so I will have to go check.

We can't constantly replace new videos in the course because, well, it takes a long time to build a course. The videos in the course are all theory videos, and they are not that old (less than 2 years). If there was anything that didn't apply to today's games it would get removed. There has been some content that has been corrected or adjusted over time.

The forums themselves go through waves. We've had a lot of times where they are extremely active. The last couple of months has not been the case. But we do have sections for every lesson in the course where you can ask questions and get immediate feedback. We encourage blogging and posting hands, but we obviously can't control what people do. Like I said, we've had waves where the forums are extremely active, right now they are the least active they've ever been.

But we do plan to have some more live workshops coming up, and we are going to have some new "loose" content that is on the site as well. It's a continual process, but the primary thing we do pride ourselves on is our personal connection. Derric, myself, Russ, etc... have put a lot of time in with students over the years. It's not something we had to do, it's something we enjoyed doing. Everything from Skype chats to emails, I think if you asked past students on the forums you'd hear things you won't hear people talk about on other training sites.

But if you want 3k videos, many of which end up being by losing players, that's not us.

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi john
Is it cash and tourney training video's on the site??
Is there any specials for us micro stakes players coming up
or at this moment?
What are the price right now for micro stakes??
thanks