S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Had this happen many times. By the river the board reads AKQJT with no flush available. The pot will be chopped up.

It then drives me up the wall when my opponent shoves all-in on the river, hoping that I'm stupid enough to fold. Obviously I call, but because of the rake structure we both lose 4 or 5bb compared with if it went check check. Thoughts on this? In fairness I typically would bet small and hope my opponent folds! But the all-in just seems daft to me and so annoying. Should I write something in the chat before if I'm oop like I can see it will be chopped? - I might start doing this!

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
To my knowledge there is no etiquette for that. It is completely possible that your opponent simply doesn't understand that the pot will be chopped. If you want to write in the chat I see no harm in that.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To my knowledge there is no etiquette for that. It is completely possible that your opponent simply doesn't understand that the pot will be chopped. If you want to write in the chat I see no harm in that.
I would be careful though just in case they class it as some sort of collisional play, although obviously it isn't. But you are discussing a live hand, although obv in this instance just trying to save rake.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good point, it did occur to me too that they might frown on that. I think a bland message like 'I can read the board' will hopefully suffice

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I hate it. The only one that profits is the game room with extra rake. Stupid and a-hole move.

I usually just check in this situation. If the other guy is smart he checks too. If he bets a small amount, ok fine. If he bets big, I mark him as a POS and will laugh at him the next time I beat him in a big pot.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands