Down 15 BI at 25nl

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is also training content, and alot of filters you can run to analyze your db. so there is some cool stuff in there. It also comes with a cool color coded HUD that i found to be one of the better ones i have used. so it is worth it in my opinion. sounds like some good updates coming up as well from what i saw in another thread.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very curious about it, ESP cos it will tell you you have leaks in spots where you don't, ie making -EV pre flop calls that are actually +EV cos your opponents are so bad that you have a big edge.

Thats partly what I thought, like the trial said my VPIP was too low and needed to be looked at, its 15.2 or something like that. That might be on the tight side for FR but I dont think its a leak.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, in addition to the fold to 3bet being high, I would say you are too lose from the BB. Seeing a flop when it is free, or re raising is good, but calling raises ( you're like 5% here) oop is bad. I would look to have my vpip in the bb closer to my utg range (9%-10%). Which brings me to my next suggestion: loosen up a bit utg and utg+1. You are too positionally aware and allowing yourself to be exploited. Occasionally open raising small pairs, Aqs, KQs, QJs, & JTs will help create some doubt about your hand. It is ok to call raises in position rather than 3bet with medium pairs, if you are raising them now. Your overall aggression looks good to me. I have some concern that you may be overplaying big pairs, or going to far with them after the flop. Many tight players bleed money with TT-QQ. Finally, you can look for your opponents in the lobby and determine who the nits are real quick: they are the guys playing 8+ tables. That way you can rob them, and avoid their good hands until your hand histories catch up. ;)

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, in addition to the fold to 3bet being high, I would say you are too lose from the BB. Seeing a flop when it is free, or re raising is good, but calling raises ( you're like 5% here) oop is bad. I would look to have my vpip in the bb closer to my utg range (9%-10%). Which brings me to my next suggestion: loosen up a bit utg and utg+1. You are too positionally aware and allowing yourself to be exploited. Occasionally open raising small pairs, Aqs, KQs, QJs, & JTs will help create some doubt about your hand. It is ok to call raises in position rather than 3bet with medium pairs, if you are raising them now. Your overall aggression looks good to me. I have some concern that you may be overplaying big pairs, or going to far with them after the flop. Many tight players bleed money with TT-QQ. Finally, you can look for your opponents in the lobby and determine who the nits are real quick: they are the guys playing 8+ tables. That way you can rob them, and avoid their good hands until your hand histories catch up. ;)

Wow some big guesses in that post. Okay well I already open KQs and AQ/AQs utg. As for 3 betting med pairs? I rarely do that, infact I frequently flat 1010+ against tighter oppenents that fold to 3 bets a lot. If you mean 7s-9s then I will only 3 bet them vs a steal. My BB VPIP is higher because I flat steals with big aces, KQ etc for the obvious reasons, plus maybe you dont take into account blind v blind action. Overplaying big pairs? How can you possibly work that out from the stats I have given you?? It seems like you have just compiled a bunch of beginner mistakes and sent them my way.

I accept that some of these may apply to me but please dont insult me with a list of rookie errors that could apply to me.

I appreciate the response anyway.

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh, don't take it personally, think he was just giving his two cents. Did you ever check out Leakbuster?

I have been a little lazy about reviewing hands on my own, but ran some of the filters in Leakbuster last night, and reviewed my last couple sessions. It has a lot of filters, and makes it easy to pull up different scenarios with one click from your db. i have been reviewing with a coach, but gotta get back in the habit of doing it on my own as well.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I've been busy recently. I tried the demo though and it looks pretty good. Im tempted to get it when I get back to 25nl. Im rolled enough, I just want to get 4BB/100 at 10nl over 50k hands first which will take me a month. If I dont manage that then I'll probably buy it anyway. A coach is a great idea, although I imagine they are expensive.

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leakbuster is a big help, and really helps to identify areas you need to work on , but i had the opportunity to get some coaching, and was just hoping to accelerate the process and get a better understanding of the how's and why's. Sure hasn't helped me run better, had a soul crushing session last night. Apparently September is gonna be rough. :(

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes the concern for the overplaying big pairs was a guess. It was based on the very tight stats and my experience, both as a former nit and from playing very tight players. I am glad you do not suffer from that leak. Calling in the bb, was my biggest concern, followed by what seems like overly tight early position play: also two of my leaks for a long time. Sorry if I insulted you. I am just offering some advice based upon my wins and losses and the minimal information at hand. I analyze my own game much more harshly than that on a regular basis.

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just reviewed a couple hands with my coach, and i wanted to crawl in a hole. But just have to learn from those mistakes and try and get better. It can be hard to do, but sometimes just have to check your ego, and realize you have alot to work on.

Plan on doing some more reviewing with Leakbuster today, and watching some videos. I'm still folding a bit too much to 3 bets, and need to work on defending a bit more. I have gotten a bit better with it, but still too high.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are almost too positionly aware...

What I mean is you have to start playing more hands in mid position and even a few more in EP and tighten up a bit in LP or expect to be mercilessly 3 b when you open in the last 3 positions by players like me who have HUDs and know how to use them.

You need to balance your ranges to borrow a commonly used term...

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are almost too positionly aware...

What I mean is you have to start playing more hands in mid position and even a few more in EP and tighten up a bit in LP or expect to be mercilessly 3 b when you open in the last 3 positions by players like me who have HUDs and know how to use them.

You need to balance your ranges to borrow a commonly used term...

Is that a bad thing? I dont mind going to war with 3 bettors, or flatting a 3 bet in position.

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
September is not going well for me. one step forward and two steps back. Got coolered last night with set/set , which happens i guess. but misplayed a hand horribly immediately after , so was more annoyed by that.

Gonna try and do some more review with Leakbuster today. Plan on rewatching some of the training content.

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So my biggest Leak that seems to be coming up in Leakbuster is River call efficiency. It has helped me plug a ton of holes, but one of my biggest seems to be learning to fold. Think i'm dropping back down and gonna try and tighten everything up.

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bought a new poker book last night. gonna spend a couple days with that, and try and absorb some knowledge in my melon head. :) Gonna try and work harder on my study away from the table.

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So my biggest Leak that seems to be coming up in Leakbuster is River call efficiency. It has helped me plug a ton of holes, but one of my biggest seems to be learning to fold. Think i'm dropping back down and gonna try and tighten everything up.

dont call rivers without TPTK, dont call shoves on the river without at least good 2p

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info!

Somehow my aggression kind of dropped off a bit, so i found myself doing more calling in general. Trying to patch it up.

A

Ahurazor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely folding to 3bs far too much, this doesnt mean u have to 4b, its fine flatting to in and out of position u just need specific plans vs specific opponents pre. I would suggest getting an hour or 2 coaching to plug a few quick leaks, see how u go, maybe get a couple more if u feel u need it after.

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try playing a sample of say 25k hands and avoid all blind situational battles, I mean I know it's normal to be a loosing player from the blinds almost always when you look over these numbers, but tbh loosing more in blinds then your profits in btn and co perhaps says your getting into too many sb vs bb battles perhaps just try to avoid these no matter your holdings to an extent for a good sample and see the difference.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that a bad thing? I dont mind going to war with 3 bettors, or flatting a 3 bet in position.

Please see your fold to 3 bet stats from LP to see how what you are saying here contrasts with what is going on.