Dodging bullets on river advice?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often find myself hitting a card that improves my hand on river but still can’t beat opponent. Personally believe RGN does this to increase their rake, seem to many massive pots because of the perfect river card…..Anyway, is their any type of check down you do on river to avoid calling off? Often hit two pair,sets, straights on river to fold them away. Me it’s based off opponent but even then I’m wrong/right…thoughts?

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
You need to have a better grasp of villain's range and how river card interacts with their and your ranges. If river card is good for villain then you want to fold/check back more. If it's good for you, then you want to call/bet more. River card might be good for you, but bring some extra nuts, like straight or flush, for both players. In that case you don't want to go for thin value with TPTK or 2 pair hands.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not rigged, if you honestly think so you should stop playing as it's just wasting your time playing a game you think you're never going to win in because of an RNG.

It's a strategy based game played for money, other's aren't just going to hand you their money, you need to be better than them and take it.