do you like AK or QQ more

L_E_U

L_E_U

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ugh! I get excited when I get QQ, but players love to keep any As and Ks. So it seems like when I'm holding QQ someone has their greasy hands on an Ace or King and they get a hit..

AK for me.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll take the ladies every day of the week.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, just wanted which hand other people thought was best in this matchup!

I like QQ personally, you will always have a pair, you are slightly favored mathematically, and you can flop a huge hand with a set or quads more often.

AK is a drawing hand imo, what are other's thoughts?
Me too i prefer always QQ versus AK; many times i hitted nothing with AK so i was beatten by crappy cards.:cool:

GOTdurrrred

GOTdurrrred

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK. I reraise AK. I only call with QQ most of the time. QQ is only slightly better than Jack's which I hate.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have personal problems with QQ but I do not stop playing with them. But I believe AK has its value.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ of course...gotta let the ladies dance :)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I like QQ personally, you will always have a pair, you are slightly favored mathematically, and you can flop a huge hand with a set or quads more often.

That is like asking would you like 6 or half a dozen.:)

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I like AK more like because they have a great chance to catch top pair or even two pair, or even a three. QQ is more likely to lose to AK.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer AK because I rarely put all their chips into the pot before the flop, with QQ I'm going to put everything.

W

WSOP_n_2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like AK better. The twin ladies have left me hanging post flop too many times, and typically to another ones pocket AK. Lately they get me so worked up I almost prefer to lay them down, lol! :D:eek: Almost. Just on a bad beat lately. I've been getting more outs with AK.

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the QQ preflop, however, have notice often-a big difference between Ako and AKs. Leaning toward AKs from past experiences and not based on hand value, as stated here many times.

J

Joe702

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I make more Money on pocket deuces 🤦🏻*♂️

K

kalon breeden

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a hard question to answer but if I had to pick which hand I would prefer pre-flop it would have to be QQ...I would feel more confident I think

Mezzzzzza

Mezzzzzza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre im prefering qq only marginally though i love AKs more ways to win post flushes staight AA KK

flathead

flathead

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It might not be logical, but I'll shove all in with QQ every time. The number of times I have bet hard with AK and been cleaned out has traumatized me forever...

kasra32

kasra32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love every hand that makes me win! I love poker

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on your "mumentum" in the tournament .. when things go well, there does not seem to be much problem with going all-in preflop with AK .. but, QQ is something much safer, although many of us play here we have seen thousands of times to win the AK with some K is on the turn or on the river where it is more painful.

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK like more, there is always a chance to catch on postflop A or K

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Definitely QQ. There are only 6 other cards that could come to make AK's hand or an odd coincidence of a straight.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pair of QQ is much better because it is a pair already formed in the hand, when you have a pair formed in the hand you can form beyond the pair, a three, a fullhouse, a court. However with an AK you can build a high pair with a great kick, two pairs, sequence, and if it is the same suit you can form a flush, straight flush and royal flush. With this card can still be formed with those of the table a tres, fullhouse and court and this is rare.

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely QQ

You must bet it though to protect it unless in freeroll then I lay back with a smaller bet depending on position

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally, QQ is better because you are starting with a very strong pair. Even if an A or K comes out on the flop, you could still be ahead and you can still represent a K or A. I like AK a lot when it's late in a tournament and the short stacks are pushing with all sorts of high cards like KQ/KJ/AJ. Calling with AK frequently has you dominating the other hand.

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally prefer AK then QQ due to personal experience.