Do you ever play a 2 3 off suite?

S

Superdad6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played 2 3 from the BB and once hit a boat on the flop. Needless to say someone got stacked on that hand. In general if I have a large stack and can afford it I like to play small suited connectors from late position against an early position raiser. Why? Because I know that they have a big hand and if I can hit my flop I will be able to get a substantial portion of their chips.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
also i want to ask an other question, what is that program in the upper picture and what does those numbers mean about your oppenents ?

I'm using PokerTracker 2. Those stats are the HUD (Heads Up Display).
The blue number to the right of the name is how many hands the data is based on.
VP = Volunarily Put $ Into Pot percentage. (How often they raise or call pre-flop)
PR = Pre-flop Raise percentage. (How often they raise pre-flop)
AF = Aggression Factor. (The higher this number, the more they bet. The more they bet, the more likely they are to be bluffing)

I only have a general idea as to how to use those stats in limit (I'm a NL player), but I had the HUD up because it will observe the hand history and show me what each player had if they mucked at showdown. That way I don't have to dig though the hand history to see what they were chasing with.

P

plane10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On mine with 2 3 it is not necessary to play. The chance to win is minimum. But if at you to turn out the combination, it is possible to win much

J

jtberrym

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only if

i am in bb and everyonbe limped....its a crappy hand really...so many things that can beat it.....you are hoping for a low str8 or two pair or even harder flopping a set.....just not a great play...to raise with this hand unless you are sure you can bluff some players at your table easily.

S

Syfted

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The last thing you want to do is fall into an identifiable pattern at the table. Play your deuce trey if you've been playing tight.