Total posts
Chips
I have :jd4: and :qd4:
I have 15bb.
I raise 2.5bb on pre-flop.
One with 31.5bb call.

The flop is :10d4: :kd4: :5c4: ...

I raise 4.5bb

If he have Ak i have 53% win. If he have K10 i have 51% win.

Turn is :10d4: :kd4: :5c4: :2c4:

I raise 6.5bb and he calls.

And river is: :10d4: :kd4: :5c4: :2c4: :qh4:

In flop i have strigh draw, flush draw, stright draw, royal draw... and nobody come... This ir very good bad beat.

dgiharris

dgiharris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have :jd4: and :qd4:
I have 15bb.
I raise 2.5bb on pre-flop.
One with 31.5bb call.

The flop is :10d4: :kd4: :5c4: ...

I raise 4.5bb

If he have Ak i have 53% win. If he have K10 i have 51% win.

Turn is :10d4: :kd4: :5c4: :2c4:

I raise 6.5bb and he calls.

And river is: :10d4: :kd4: :5c4: :2c4: :qh4:

In flop i have strigh draw, flush draw, stright draw, royal draw... and nobody come... This ir very good bad beat.

Shove all-in on the flop.

Whenever we have majority equity we WANT to get as much money in the pot as possible.

In this spot, on this flop, with 12.5bb behind and a 5bb pot.... just jam it like strawberry jam. Doing anything besides shoving all-in is not optimal.

You get an OESFD with the potential of your cards being viable outs (i.e. you hit the Q you could still win) you seriously have to shovel the money into the pot as quickly as possible and in this case that is a fist-pump-kung-fu-kick-sonic-boom-shove....

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think jamming on flop is top option with so many outs and that adds fold equity also when we jam. I don't think slow playing with 15 bb is good move because if we brick we are surely done for

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another thing that we might want to add here is whether we are playing cash or a tournament.

If its a tournament and we are playing for our position and we are close to bubbling or we are like 150BB deep and so is villain and we dont want to take the more" gambly" approach we can take the check call line, and only pick it up if we actually hit what we are looking for.

Sometimes the all-in on the flop play is unnecessary if you ask me. In order for this to be worth it, we must be in some kind of desperate situation where we are too short or have no other choice because we know that if we dont shove,villain is probably going to shove and then we will lose our fold equity.

Like in a cash game when both players are like 100BB deep, yes shoving this flop might be a profitable move but due to the fact that we will be getting alot of folds and therefor not getting paid when we actually hit, i think it is better to make abig sized bet on the flop and another one on the turn whether we hit or not and then depending on what kind of a river card comes up, we can decide to act accordingly depending on what range of hands we put villain on and how likely we think it is that he will be willing to call a river shove(if we actually miss and decide to take it all the way).

another line i like taking in situations like this is to make an almost pot sized bet on the flop and then instacheck turn if i hit so it can look like the made flush scarred me allowing villain to take a stab at it.

I really think it is villain dependant and situation dependant and draws can be played profitably in many ways according to the situation where these monster draws arise.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone?

This is just my opinion.Someone correct me if im wrong or not.

Another very important factor that we must take into account is that we will most likely get paid if we hit our straight draw ,esp if its a wierd gutshot and we are playing a suited one gapper than if we hit our flush because in my opinion villains dont notice straights as much as they notice made flushes.