Cold Calling - The Best Tool Ever...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't CC the nits with Ax hands but certainly call them with pps and some SCs. Basically you want hands where you'll be looking to fold or try to play for stacks on the flop (sets + big draws).

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. It's called cold calling 3. A cold 4bet would be when someone with no $$s already invested raises after a 3bet. It happens very rarely and it's basically KK+ 100% of the time.

you can cold 4bet from the blinds or straddle (at least imo)

Last edited:
F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That reminds me, I still haven't added the CC% stat to one of my reports in HEM yet...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can cold 4bet from the blinds or straddle (at least imo)
Might be your opinion but tracking software (PT3 at least) doesn't see it that way. If you've posted any $$s before the cards were dealt they don't consider it a CC opportunity.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that sounds cool i'll start doing that more, and tell you how it goes!

Im guessing we should check raise the ones who love c-betting on flops where its likely they've totally missed or have a big over pair? in which case we'll find out and fold? for example J97ss? Cause pretty much their ranges are AK,AQ and TT-AA or something.

Maybe floating would be a better option sometimes or would you just prefer to play really straight forward and hit a solid draw and play for stacks or fold when we miss?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're playing against a strong range, play it very straight forward. Either raise and be willing to get all-in or fold to the cbet. You'll get in trouble floating or bluff raising strong ranges. These are the guys who are going to pay you off when you hit. Trying to make them fold when you miss doesn't make sense (or dollars).

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool thanks as usual WV! Brags in cash thread to follow :D

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About your dont CC the loose guys comment WV, did you just mean with like crap hands like sc'ers? Because im always CCing loose guys and fish with like most broadways which i thought was standard?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can call the loose guys with hands that will make TPGK or better. They'll generally have worse and be willing to pay you off with less.