Checking on the Turn when you flop a monster

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you flop a monster you want to play for stacks. Depending on how deep you, this may require 1, 2 or 3 bets between 1/2 and full pot, sometimes even 4 bets if you're really deep, and then you need a raise or a check/raise at some point.

If you need 3 bets to play for stacks, it's a no brainer. bet, bet, bet.

The only time when checking turn is correct is when your opponent has a demonstrated history of floating.

kingsup23

kingsup23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you flop the nuts and you continuation bet the flop. you should bet the turn. Think of it from your opponents view. Hmm he raised preflop, continuation bet the flop, now checking the turn? hmmm ill just see a free card and when you over bet the river of course he knows you have him beat. I say dont over bet the turn but put out a small size bet and see if you can get him to raise.

E

eyeq181

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let see I first ff always change my tables to blue so ht I won't be so tempted to play agressive. Then if someone is betting I just call til th river then I might go all in or if they bet high enough just let them see, what I got. But that is online. Not in person.