Check Fold On flop with under pairs

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have 88-1010 and there are two overs how quickly do you give up? Sometimes ill c bet hoping to take it down, but if i get a call ill give up on turn. What are your thoughts?

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
cbet small on many disconnected flops and check back turn. River depends. If villain is aggressive and has many missed draws you can call a small bet. usually it's a fold though.

S

SPYDER1998

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the action Preflop, Flop Textures and how loose or tight your Opponents is.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we have TT and the flop comes with 2 overs, we are probably in big trouble. J/Q/K are the cards that almost everyone plays (broadways). The chances are fairly high that we are behind now and could be a 2:1 underdog. I would certainly manage the pot at this point and not try to keep building it. A cbet if we have the betting lead is great, but beyond that, we need to be careful. Save our chips for a better spot. We can try and take the pot of course, if we know that our opponent has a lot of folds in his game.

If instead I have 77 with two overs, this depends on the overs. An 8 and a T are both overs but are not as threatening as an K and a J. Context is everything. I am more than happy to take 77 or TT to a flop and give it up if the board doesn't cooperate. I would rather give it up early, than lose it late after investing >4x more chips.

Good Luck and God bless

Folding in Poker