CARDSCHAT PLAYERS STRATEGIES

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering from our membership how many of you read the posts here, take notes on the posters and use what they have given away about themselves when you play against them. I would also like to know if any of the posters have deliberately posted false info on how they play.

I will go first on this subject. Being the typical New Yorker who loves to get stuff over on others you betcha I've used what I've learned here against others. The number one person that was playing from here that I used her info against was MichelleW. She was an easy target on what her style was from what she posted. I have used it against others from here,(not telling who else), and it has helped.

As for the posting different than how I actually play, again guilty. I don't want to give an edge up on my style too easy.

So anyone else want to fess up here? How important is it to your playing others here? Or do other players don't want to let the cat:icon_cat: out of the bag?

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good thread. It doesn't bother me to post what I know and what I've learned as I seem to change how I play on almost a daily basis. The fundamentals stay the same but I change the execution depending on the situation I'm in. I played nearly all the buy-ins so I'm very familiar with how the regulars play. The problem is most of them are like me and difficult to read or draw a bead on. I have particular problems with XD and 'Dook, I lose nearly every hand I play against them...

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know XD is on my list and I find that he is easy to play against. "Dook I haven't played that much against but I do have a strategy for him.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to hear about what XD has to say in regards to him being "easy" to read.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing that jumped out at me fom the beginning was 'dooks comment on how he had the CALL button removed from his computer. He claims that he never just calls. He either folds or raises. I haven't played enough with him to say for sure weather ( her'es a bone for you Dave) or not he actually plays this way but based on this comment I wouldn't attribute much value to his bets.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played with 'Dook twice and every time I think I have him figured out he changes up on me. One hand I just knew he was on a stone cold bluff and when I called him out he rolled the famous 'Dook aces. And as for BBBs comments about XD being an easy mark, don't think I've ever seen she and he at the same table - I'd like to see that happen. Perhaps we have the makings of a H2H match brewing here...

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I haven't given false info on how I play, but I don't worry too much because like ID said, I try to change it up. It took me awhile not to be a bit nervous in CC tourneys (didn't want to look like an idiot), but now I've gotten over it and can just play my game and be confident. BBB: it's funny you started this thread, because I was wondering the same thing!

As far a 'Dook goes, I haven't played with him much, but I remember in one tourney he folded consistently...don't know if he was trying to establish a rep or what, but when he did play or bet he had a hand. BTW, that was a tourney that I took Nick out in...LOL...good 'ol check raise...one of my first CC games.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say that I heard somewhere on here before that he either raises or folds (I think Irish posted that somewhere). If that is the case, I would really like to read a post from him outlining why he employs that strategy. Unless he is refering strictly to pre-flop play and then it is a tad more feasable. But to say that calling anytime is something that he doesn't do seems like it would limit your game to a certain extent. Hmm, any link to a post of him explaining that Irish?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Posting a bit drunk, but up for the craic so forgive the crassness of this post, and the grammer Josh.

Ive been looking forward to playing with playing with u guys, but i dont feel as ease in the face that poster may have told half truths about themselves

I for one have never told a half truth or lie (that includes the run of boats) on this site, so if somoone feel that they have to get 'one over' then go find a different forum as far as im concerned. Why ?

Because i though this one was about helping each other. not scewring each other for you own benifet............

Just my tenbob........

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tenbob I completely agree. Although I don't believe that any of us should disclose everything in our bags of tricks, just as a precautionary measure. Whether someone plans to use something someone has said in a post against them or not does not mean that it might pop into someone's memory at an opportunistic time. I frequent this forum because I like the idea of players helping players get better. More than likely, the majority of us will never play a hand against each other in person. And if we do, we probably will not know it. I'm not knocking you BBB by any means, but it just isn't my style to do that.

"so forgive the crassness of this post, and the grammer Josh."

What's that about, tenbob? Am I the "grammar police" now? Oh, I know what you are talking about, my attempt to get one of our former posters to slow down and type coherently. I gotcha.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case all challenges accepted, at your convience BBB. I will spare you the Rob treatment for a day. Shall we say put your money where your mouth is! Hey you have the advantage never do I recall ever seeing you play. Might consider a peak at the Noble buyin leaderboard and note I only played 3 events and I WON 2 of the 3 before you call someone "easy".... in short I am at your disposal for you to prove your theory!

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heh, I knew that would rattle his cage.

~~Shelynn~~

~~Shelynn~~

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to mix it up also, and yes I have told a "couple small white lies" on here how I play.