Calling with AJ from the blinds

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now me personally I really like going against the crowd here.

I like a flat call if I'm not folding. It's very deceptive to start with, secondly I'm flopping a straight or jack high board or two pair something like this or I'm probably done with the hand anyway? Unless I have a really solid read on my opponent and believe I'm best?

If you 3pop here it's in my opinion asking for trouble. Original raiser could shove? Which forces you to fold after you donated additional chips, if they just call if you don't hit your flop you're out of position, plus you've just thrown additional chips in a pot you're most likely giving up on?

A call let's you see another page of the story, it also disguised your Ace medium kicker. If you happen to hit a A/J or really connect with the board it's hard to give you credit for that hand because you didn't raise and the majority of those who would play this hand would raise.

You'll win a lot bigger pots this way when you hit and lose less when you don't. But I'm also backwards and not the best source of information.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did win 123 pot lost night with AQ SP was in bb vs Sb. Raised Sb. Checked J23 flop turn Q. Went check bet he min raised I called. He checked on 4 river. I went all in. He called it off.

Lost a big pot with AQ SPtrying to jam out of small blind. Ran into KK in bb. Deff will never jam with AQ ever again.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 3bet because I will see where I am. Pocket pairs 22-99 fold. TT+ call or 4bet. AQ may be fold too.

Played cash game online last night folded all those pocket pairs. Worked out great! Best part was not having to play does he have two over cards or not. Great advice again. Thank you.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I yesterday with two AA flew against KD so that AJ just maps and not a strong hand,any hand beats all depends on away you wish I luck

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should protect your hand. If your opponent plays tight, you should call and see the flop. If the opponent plays a loose a possible 3-bet. Correction: if it is 6-max.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to look at the rate of preflop raises of a particular player from early, middle and late positions. If a player often raises from a certain position, then AJ can be called without thinking. If a player rarely raises before the flop and doesn’t often enter the game, then there’s probably no reason to call him a raise, since there is a high probability that you will fall into domination. In general, AJs and AJo are considered to be very strong hands, but it plays a big role, which opponent makes a raise in front of you, and what actions this opponent often takes to post flop. Does he often make ConBet and how aggressive he is on the post flop.

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, I think you need starting playing frecuently such a good hand as AJ, otherwise you will be exploited by good players because of your nit range. It is just an advice.