Bullying a Poker Bully

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently read an article by Daniel Negreanu about how to play against an extremely aggressive player. You know, the kind keeps coming after you..

First off, you need to know the bully's weakness. Obviously a bully likes to play lots of hands and plays them aggressively. However, the bully will eventually will start with good, solid, aggressive plays and alter into crazt plays with excessive bluffs and wild plays.

You need to make these weakness work in your favor. Try to trap the bully with your good hands and let him bluff off his money to you. This tactic will win pots from the bully and the bully would likely fold his cards more often.

A Bully takes advantage of toher players weaknesses. When you eventually have a monster hand, you want that player to be aggressive towards you and you will win big pots in the process.

You should also use your position advantage The (bully's on your left)when you can. Be a pain in the bully's neck by raising and re-raising to take control of the hand. He usually won't have a strong enough hand to play and will fold.

You should always make the bully think twice about stealing the blinds. Once you succeed in doing all of this, it's now your turn to be the bully. When that happens, opponents don't want to mess with you too much. So, start attempting to steal their blinds. Keep doing this until your opponents start standing up to you.

When you're the bully, be careful because now some players ow saw how you overcome the previous bully now want to do the same thing to you. It's a vicious circle.

M

maxsanders_13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice post....

I agree, I like to be the bully whenever I can get chips together in certain situations, but i dont always like to take ona bully if they have more chips than me, im not the kinda player that gos allin easily lol..