Bluffing

B

BuffClemins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is best to bluff in a real money game, because alot of loser players play in the freerolls and they have no clue what they're doing, so either bluff in a real money no limit game, or you can play with your opponent and study him and learn if he is a bad or good player. This are some tips to bluffing.hope they help

1. How many ppl are left in the hand after the flop, dont bluff with 4 or more ppl most of the time because their is probably someone slow playing

2. Bluff for value. Sometimes it is best to bluff when their is a good size pot. Say 3 ppl just call, and the flop comes, the pot isnt that large so you will not be getting a good price to bluff. B

3. Semi Bluffing. IF you have a flush draw on the flop and their is a huge amount in the pot say 11 K, u have J Q diamonds, he has AK clubs. flop comes 8 diamonds 6 diamonds 4 clubs You think you have a good drawing hand with two overcards and flush draw. youre opponent bets trying to bluff you out of the pot, but his bet is only 3K, does that tell you anything he hasnt hit his hand yet, so you just call wanting to see 4th street. 7 spades come up on flop. You have missed your hand but look at that pot. 17 K. HE checks, does that tell you he may be on a flush draw or waiting for an ace or king. your right he is waiting for the ace or king. He checks to you, you think that small bet now the check, you think well big pot, ALL IN. he folds you win the great size pot. Even if you didnt get your flush you have to think to yourself, how much did he bet, how much is in the pot, is he slow playing.

I hope I taught you something, I am known for my great bluffing skill. I am a very experienced bluffer and hope you have learned soemthing and if not no evil posts lol. Ill seee you in the poker room, my nickname is

BuffClemins AKA BluffClemins Am I Bluffing?

G

graham111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an art (sometimes) the best way to bluff is to know your opponents, I never sit down at a table, without having first studied the players, marking out their strengths, weakness, this gives me a tremendous advantage should i wish to bluff. Having said that, bluffers have got to be my favorite type of player, I have made more from bluffers than i have from straight players. long live the bluffer...lol But to answer the question the best time to bluff is when your 75% + sure you can pull it off

A

aardman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best time to bluff is when you are holding the nuts:dancing2:

R

Red2121

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluf

The best time to bluff is when you know you will pull the bluff off. U have to fell the other opponets have weak hands which makes you able to stell the pot

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aardman said:
The best time to bluff is when you are holding the nuts:dancing2:
It wouldn't be bluffing if you are holding thr nuts.:stupid:

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Red2121 said:
The best time to bluff is when you know you will pull the bluff off.
Oh, for the psychic ability to know you'll pull off your bluff. I can see it now..."World's Most Unbeatable Poker Player (and how he turned $20 into $20 Billion!!)" A Star magazine exclusive! :icon_pira

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I made a huge mistake on poker-stars last night, I had AJo/s in early position, and limped, checked the flop when a huge bet came into me, and instead of folding i re-reraised lol (hand slipped) , only for the raiser to fold !!!! Not really a bluff but it was hilarious none the less, went on to come in 2nd !!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to bluff when i sense weakness in my opponent. I pay attention to how they are playing this hand vs to how they played previous hands. i watch mannerisms and pay close attention to minor details on how they play and act, how they bet, how they are sitting, their position, how they played the hand preflop and how they played after, etc...

i play close attention and if they do something out of the norm, then as J. Chan would say: "Yum, Yum!"

However i dont like to stone cold bluff, if i do bluff i like either have a number of outs for myself or hold mid pair at least and only semi bluff at the pot.

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell. with all these fish nowadays if u bluff they say ALL-IN

i dont like to bluff. not even if its a semi bluff. but maybe sometimes.

P

pookyman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in tournaments everyday, and it doesn't matter what the limit is, bluffing is never worth it, except in the case where you can make a preflop steal.