Blackrain's Poker Book

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heya blackrain, got the email from the wife after and got the book downloaded. Going well so far, obv plan to go through it a few times and almost half way through my first reading at the moment. Certainly interesting so far and few points i have taken interest to and already trying to apply in my game.

I think it can only do my game good, and I look forward to grinding my way through the stakes and having another knowledge filled book awaiting for me when I grind my way up to the nl25/50 :D.
GL in getting it finished in the next couple of months.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
blackrain,

can you provide chapter titles for the new book at least? :)

I will do something like that probably within the next few weeks. You can hop on my newsletter also where I will be providing the most updates especially as it gets closer to release.

The biggest problem though is that the chapter titles are not all finished yet. I know it goes against all rules of writing but I didn't create an outline for CTM and I decided not to for this book either. I didn't bother with an outline for the countless essays I had to write in university either.

I just prefer to make it up as I go along and that has always worked out fine for me. This book will be in a logical linear order just like CTM starting with preflop, then flop, turn and river with some general stuff at the beginning and end. It will also have tons of example hands scattered throughout, way more than CTM. I expect this book to possibly be twice the length of it's predecessor when all is said and done.

The target games will be NL10, NL25 and NL50 (possibly NL100) cash games both full ring and 6max. It focuses heavily on playing against regs throughout. I have broken the regs down into 6 different categories according to my data on these games. There is heavy emphasis on effective HUD use which goes far deeper than CTM. Hopefully that gives you a taste. It will be a monster. It is far from being done however.

heya blackrain, got the email from the wife after and got the book downloaded. Going well so far, obv plan to go through it a few times and almost half way through my first reading at the moment. Certainly interesting so far and few points i have taken interest to and already trying to apply in my game.

I think it can only do my game good, and I look forward to grinding my way through the stakes and having another knowledge filled book awaiting for me when I grind my way up to the nl25/50 :D.
GL in getting it finished in the next couple of months.

Thanks and glad you got it! Hope it helps where it counts most, your winrate :)

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you know when your gonna come out wirh a book for lower stakes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It gets lower than 2nl? Hey newbie not sure if you know or not but he already has out crushing the microstakes which is focused on 2nl and 5nl with the focus of 5nl being usable on 10nl and maybe even 25nl to a degree, and now the new one is going to be 25/50nl/100nl from what i see (unless its 25/50 memory isn't serving what i reviewed prev in the threa lol) and chance are such a strategy would be similar in 200nl at least.
Just my thoughts if I recall correctly, but might have missed something.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It gets lower than 2nl? Hey newbie not sure if you know or not but he already has out crushing the microstakes which is focused on 2nl and 5nl with the focus of 5nl being usable on 10nl and maybe even 25nl to a degree, and now the new one is going to be 25/50nl/100nl from what i see (unless its 25/50 memory isn't serving what i reviewed prev in the threa lol) and chance are such a strategy would be similar in 200nl at least.
Just my thoughts if I recall correctly, but might have missed something.

Ya, that is exactly right.

As bluff mentioned above, my book which is being discussed in this thread "Crushing the Microstakes" is highly targeted at NL2, NL5 and NL10 cash games. It doesn't get any lower than that. I will be releasing my 2nd book later this year which will cover higher stakes.

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will do something like that probably within the next few weeks. You can hop on my newsletter also where I will be providing the most updates especially as it gets closer to release.

The biggest problem though is that the chapter titles are not all finished yet. I know it goes against all rules of writing but I didn't create an outline for CTM and I decided not to for this book either. I didn't bother with an outline for the countless essays I had to write in university either.

I just prefer to make it up as I go along and that has always worked out fine for me. This book will be in a logical linear order just like CTM starting with preflop, then flop, turn and river with some general stuff at the beginning and end. It will also have tons of example hands scattered throughout, way more than CTM. I expect this book to possibly be twice the length of it's predecessor when all is said and done.

The target games will be NL10, NL25 and NL50 (possibly NL100) cash games both full ring and 6max. It focuses heavily on playing against regs throughout. I have broken the regs down into 6 different categories according to my data on these games. is heavy emphasis on effective HUD use which goes far deeper than CTM. Hopefully that gives you a taste. It will be a monster. It is far from being done however. [/B]

Thanks and glad you got it! Hope it helps where it counts most, your winrate :)

thats funny as i was readign this i was just going to ask if you were planning on talking about HUD stats more in depth for this CTM2 as CTM just kind of went over the basic stats.

Would also be pretty sweet if you had like a section for database analysis. I think a lot of ppl try to review stats but don't really know how to start with database analysis unless you have had some coaching because its hard to find leaks with so many different stats. Or even like basic spots (filters) to look at for review. Ive read a lot of the microstakes coaches posts on 2+2 and it seems like a lot of them have generic spots they look at when trying to improve struggling regs win rates. just some suggestions

looking forward to it! any idea on release date?

Last edited:
Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thats funny as i was readign this i was just going to ask if you were planning on talking about HUD stats more in depth for this CTM2 as CTM just kind of went over the basic stats.

Would also be pretty sweet if you had like a section for database analysis. I think a lot of ppl try to review stats but don't really know how to start with database analysis unless you have had some coaching because its hard to find leaks with so many different stats. Or even like basic spots (filters) to look at for review. Ive read a lot of the microstakes coaches posts on 2+2 and it seems like a lot of them have generic spots they look at when trying to improve struggling regs win rates. just some suggestions

looking forward to it! any idea on release date?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I recently asked everyone to give me feedback on what they want in the new book and I am noting all ideas. I will include a section on database analysis for sure.

Yes, this book will be far more HUD intensive than CTM. I recently wrote a huge post on my blog detailing two of my new HUD setups with profile download links for PT4 users. The full version of my new HUD includes 19 different stats (in stark contrast to the 8 in CTM) and I will be making use of it throughout my new book.

Still no release date. "Before the end of this year" :p

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you know what the books title?

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nvm found everything will buy it soon :)

spsb83

spsb83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking forward to the new book blackrain the last one helped my game. Love the blog as well although I may have to upgrade to pt4 because of that damn hud post you wrote. :) Keep up the sterling work.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking forward to the new book blackrain the last one helped my game. Love the blog as well although I may have to upgrade to pt4 because of that damn hud post you wrote. :) Keep up the sterling work.

Haha, wasn't really my intention. You can find all of those stats in HEM2 as well. They will likely have different names though.

spsb83

spsb83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on a mac with PT3 and just realised that PT4 is available on mac and has been for 6 months, even better I'm entitled to a free upgrade. What a tool I am. Anyway least I can download the hud now.

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack