Better Play on river against SUPER Aggressive player?

G

Gr8 Reads

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok In most of these spots your just going to put a nice value bet on the river, but say you have a pretty strong read on your opponent who is SUPER aggressive(not neccesarily loose) come the river.

You've seen this guy donk off rediculous amounts of chips (like overbetting the pot) on the river in a few hands already, earlier in the tournament, after missing his draws.

So you raised pre flop in middle pos. with pocket 10's. One caller, the super aggrissive guy. You flopped top set on a board of 4 9 10 rainbow. you bet the flop, he calls you. Turn comes a 3 and you check to look weak. He takes the bait and bets a little over half the pot, Now your putting this guy on either a strait draw like q j or k j or k q or a pair of 9's. Knowing how SUPER aggressive he is, and seeing how he went crazy on the river in a few earlier hands after missing his draws, you decide to smooth call and look to induce a bluff on the river.

If an 8, j, q, or k come off on the river, you dont screw around with a check raise that could break you, you simply put in a little .34% block bet and if he comes over the top u just call. But if any other card in the deck rolls off on the river and you have a strong feeling he missed his draw, what is the best play to make when trying to induce a big river bluff?

Do you check the river, or do you put out a smallish donk bet like 20%-30% hoping he'l read it as weak and come over the top of you?

Check? or small bet? Remember he's not a loose ass, just super agro.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you know hes super agressive, the turn comes a 3, that card has no value.

On the other hand hes also reading, how have you been playing, what is your table image?

If you usualy do continuations bet, and you check, he is going to smell something fishy.

Either way, the guy clearly missed, has a pocket, or has two pairs(doubtful since he might not have called 9/10 pre).

If he missed, you raise big, he is folding.

If he hit two pairs, a set, or has a over pocket, hes going to re raise you any way.

So I would say, if you have a pattern and youve been playing against him for a while, stick to the pattern that got you to not show your hand. If you use the same pattern again and again, he will think you did not hit, and he should reraise you.

If you usualy check when you have nothing, you raised the flop, it was rainbow, he knows you have a hand. Usualy on gutshots you try to check or min bet.

If I am that other guy, and you raise me on the flop, Im putting you on two pairs at least. If I call you with a gutshot and my card missed on turn, I won't draw another hand unless its a low card.

By instinct, I am putting him on a high pocket limped, and I would raise the same raise than on the flop.

"big river bluff?"

Depending on how you commited, I would say either ALL-IN or overbet, if your an agressive player. Tight small bet if your tight.

G

Gr8 Reads

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Assume this is a fairly big pot already before the river comes. There was a pre flop raise and call, flop bet and call, and a turn bet and call. This is already a pretty big pot. This super agro guy is probably not going to want to check it down when he misses his draw. He's not particularly loose tho so if I lead out on the river strong like .45% pot and hes sitting with a pair of 9's (not pocket 9's) then he probably wont pay me off unless hes a total loose ass, which he hasn't shown to be.

This is just a made up scenario guys.

This isn't a question on how to play the hand correctly on the turn. I'm simply asking everybody's opinion on the better play to induce a river bluff--by making a very small weak looking bet, or by checking?