Bet on turn, or Bet on the River

Goron

Goron

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
alright anyways im playing in a hand in this 5 - 5 nl game where the people are pretty passive but arent afraid to put money in the pot. Mostly asian people really.

Alright im crushing this game and i get into this situation where I need your help at. Im on the button with the big stack. I have close to 2k in front of me, and this other guy who im in this hand with has about 1.5k. The play goes down like so

5 Limpers including him, Im on the button with K 10 h's, i raise to 35, folds around to him where he is middle pos. and he raises to 100. I call with the purpose that i will outplay him on the flop. ( I also know he thinks I raise and will play with any 2 cards so this works well for me )

The board comes out 6 5 2 all rainbow. He checks and I bet 125 to quickly find out where he is at. ( I dont think he slowplays an over pair here against me ). After a relcuntant call I put him maybe on Ak AQ. an 4 comes on the board putting a flush draw on the board (not for me or him ) he checks. And now im thinking if I check now and no face card comes out on the board Q or higher. I can bet and take the pot down cuz he cant call with Ace high. a beatiful 6 card comes on the river and he checks so I bet 325 on the river.

the brutal thing is that he is about to fold until some ****er on the table started talking about how he knows ace high is good. he gets the hand back and starts thinking more and ends up making the call when he was about to fold. Thats my bad beat. Of course after a while he calls and its good.

heres the problem did i play it right on the turn??? Should have I bet on the flop and if he comes over the top I can go away if he was slow playing his high pair on me. (which I dont think he could) or did I do the right thing about getting a free card and making sure more so where he was.

Anyways im more leaning more on just betting the turn because i can find out right there if he was slow playing an over pair if i bet out. Also if i put on AK he cant call a bigger bet on the turn because now its getting to expensive to fish for the A or K. Anyways let me know.

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take it you checked on the turn. Personally i would have bet it because you had already placed him on a better hand and were bluffing, trying to force him off the hand, especially with the flush draw on board. A decent sized bet would have two advantages.
1) See if he had flush (he check /raises slow playing it)
2) Force him off the hand with a show of strength.(either now or on the river)

Weak = Strong , Strong = Weak theory.

Goron

Goron

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
your right

Ya your defintly right ive been playing the hand over and over in my head and thats the conclusion ive come too. Thx