Bet sizing

M

Madmansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having trouble finding the perfect bet sizing for extracting maximum value on big hands. I usually bet full pot on draw heavy boards but on pretty dry boards like a-high where I have ak,aq and boards that I hit super hard like top set on kj4 rainbow board, I feel like I am just cbetting and taking small pots. Should I be checking either of these spots, betting 1/2 pot, or just pot, pot, pot? I know Harrington recommends betting full pot because it is more profitable even though you will be called a smaller % of the time. I'd appreciate any advice or help you can give me. I play 10nl FR and always have 100bb or more.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to base your bet size on your opponents range, the flop texture and your hand strength.

For example you hold AK on a ace high flop against a loose bad player, just bet big and don't stop because he has a lot of worse Aces in his range. Same hand against a nitty player who just called your raise preflop you might want to check occasionally or at least bet smaller because he really doesn't have a lot of worse Aces in his range (maybe AQ) and he's not going to want to put any real money in on the flop without a set in most cases.