Chips
Patrick Antonius, Phil Ivey and Doyle

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love old man Brunson, but I gotta say that Ivey rocks lately. Of course there are lots and lots of big names that are very good players though. I really like Daniel, I just think he is a nice guy. I really like all of them, except the loud mouths and known weirdos...

S

sanpatso

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is Jesus Ferguson. This doesn't win many events but he seems to cash in every one he is in. Doesn't matter which game either. Stud is his forte but i have seen him cash in nl holdem pl hold em razz and even Omaha Hi/lo. Great versatility gives him the edge over the others.

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will choose 3 names.
First is Daniel Negreanu, of course...
Second is Sam Fahra.
Third would be Mike "The mouth" Matusow.
They all three on top of the game and able to do incredible moves.
If i had to choose a girl, i would bet on Michelle "No mercy" Mercier.
:cool:

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best players are the loosest players because you cant put them on a hand. They get into pots with 9-5 and if something big hits then win huge pots with 9-5 but if nothing comes they lose next to nothing. Brunson has slowed down since he wrote his book but the top 5 players in my opinion would be,

Gus Hanson
Daniel Negraneu
Doyle Brunson
Sam Farha
Phil Ivey

I have to give alot of credit to Todd Brunson though, he made probablly the best poker play ever on high stakes poker when he got Daniel Negraneu to fold the nut flush because Daniel thought he had a full house, turns out he just bluffed the whole way.

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PS, anyone that says Mike the mouth is one of the best is crazy. Hes known for being loud, if he wasnt loud Mike the mouth would be on the same level as Raymer, Moneymaker or Jamie Gold. Just one a done luckboxes.

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion in high stakes poker . Doyle is the only player who played good.............

Last edited:
Dsteele02

Dsteele02

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My top five in no particular order:
Hellmuth
Dan Negranue
Ivey
Harmon
Jesus
Any one of these players is nearly an impossible out when they are on their game. I'd have to say Harmon or Ivey as #1. They both play the "big game" at the Belagio on a regular basis, and consistently win under the pressure of $50,000 blinds.

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although all of these players are the best in the world they all play very differently and that is what makes them good. When you are talking high stakes cash games, which imo is the best way to find out a players true skill no one is better than Doyle. Jesus and Hellmuth are strictly tournament players, when they tried to play high limit cash games they got eaten alive, Jesus never played a hand and Hellmuth had so many ups and downs it was ridiculous. Harmon is so tight that whenever she attempts a bluff she gets away with it, she has alot of respect in the poker world.

Dsteele, they really have $25,000/$50,000 cash game at the Belagio? I really find that hard to believe considering the High Stakes Poker tv show they blinds were $300/$600. If they had that big of blinds almost every single pot would be over a million dollars, I dont think most of these pro's have 100's of millions of dollars to play with.

M

mattsat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
phil hellmuth to good for anyone overall
negreanue best read