Bankroll Management.

S

SuitedJok3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u have playing on NL200 nlhe u must have 50bi for marginal brm its 10k br & if u have $500-600 bucks br it's br for NL25 that is 0.1/0.25 stacked
I'm asking about live poker. Not online. Thank you though.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm asking about live poker. Not online. Thank you though.
If ur question about live poker Negreanu ask for that very beauty: "Many people ask me what kind of bankroll is needed to play on the NL200 , I counted everything and can answer 1.2 billion with accuracy, then you can play on four tables, drunk as a skunk, against Phil Ivy and definitely will not lose" :congrats::congrats::congrats:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would wait until you grow a bigger bankroll. Live poker doesn't offer a level that fits your bankroll that will protect you from variance.

S

SuitedJok3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If ur question about live poker Negreanu ask for that very beauty: "Many people ask me what kind of bankroll is needed to play on the NL200 , I counted everything and can answer 1.2 billion with accuracy, then you can play on four tables, drunk as a skunk, against Phil Ivy and definitely will not lose" :congrats::congrats::congrats:
I was asking about educated opinions, but thank you for your input.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was asking about educated opinions, but thank you for your input.

Do you have a full time job?
If not, get one.
Then all you need to play 1/2 is a couple of buy-ins at most.
If you lose, wait for next paycheck and try again.
Eventually you will win and increase your bankroll.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BRM is much different between Live and Online. I, for instance, would sit at a live Limit table with only 1 full BI, and consider it 'entertainment' I had no real delusions of poker prodom when I sat down. I did that many times, and noticed the same faces over and over. I knew they were the regs. I didn't care because I was enjoying myself, the games and the chit chat. Being it was a Limit table, I got a couple of hours in before I left.

I never re-bought or topped up.

Those regs make a living off folks like me. Now, that was limit, and I understand the difference between Limit and NoLimit. I never had the balls to sit at a live NL game. I don't have the bankroll to even entertain the notion of sitting at a live NL ring game.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management