ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to know the opinion of you: how many buy-in is required to play each limit?

Beginning in NL2 and going through all steps NL5 NL10...

I've read something about between 20 and 40 buy in. And when you lose 5 buy-in back to the previous step.

What advice would you give about BR management?

Another question, I saw comments saying that in the lower limits, the best thing to do is to play ABC poker, playing for value, without too much bluff, 3bet light, or inventing a lot. Analyzing the current situation of online poker, do you agree with this point of view? If so, until what limits do you think it applies?

NL2 (20-30BI for limit)
NL5 (20-50 BI) lose to 15 BI come back NL2 ...
NL10 (25-80 BI) 20 BI...
NL25 (50-120 BI) 40 BI....
NL50 (60-200BI) 40 bi ...
NL100 (100-250 BI) 60 bi...
NL200 (125-400BI) 75 bi...

No bluff or small limit, play tight. After NL10, see for situations :)

DonPatron560

DonPatron560

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a decent chart to follow:

original

thanks for the picture is very useful information

swithdad

swithdad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to all for explaining the diagram, thats really helpful, anyone have any alternate methods?

T

the0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest deep stack buyins for 1$-2$ limit poker, possibly up to 50 BBs.

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use the 5% vig rule

So if you're playing 25NL you should have 500 behind. I'll stay here until I get my bankroll up to $1000. Once I hit that mark I'll move up to 50NL. Now I'd consider going back down to 25NL if my first attempts at 50NL bumps me down to 750.

S

SHAEH2012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider 50BB as a limit

M

Morly4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am using 30BB and it works quite well

J

jonices

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like an investment portfolio, it all depends on how much risk you are willing to allow yourself to endure. Some people can tolerate high risk and are willing to play with 15 buyins. According to Daniel Negreanu, some players won't even sit down unless they have 100 buyins. I personally think that's a bit excessive.

judi bola | Agen Sbobet

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little advice

I would like to know the opinion of you: how many buy-in is required to play each limit?

Beginning in NL2 and going through all steps NL5 NL10...

I've read something about between 20 and 40 buy in. And when you lose 5 buy-in back to the previous step.

What advice would you give about BR management?

Another question, I saw comments saying that in the lower limits, the best thing to do is to play ABC poker, playing for value, without too much bluff, 3bet light, or inventing a lot. Analyzing the current situation of online poker, do you agree with this point of view? If so, until what limits do you think it applies?

First of all, what is your BR now? What site are you playing on? I asked that because in my experience every site takes getting used to, so take your time.If your BR is below 20 buy ins, then you have to play 2nl no matter. And you need to play MTTs with no buy in over $1. How much experience do you have playing poker? If you are just getting started, start asking a lot of questions. Have no doubt that you can get the advice you need right here. But there are other things you can learn from, so find out what those are. DIG. Yes playing ABC poker is your starting point. Value betting is great if you know how to use it to build the pot you are sure is yours. No "without too much bluff" don't do any bluffing at 2nl. You will get called more times than you would think. What is 3 bet light? What does "inventing" mean? Michel put this in your mind, and keep it there. Poker isn't easy to learn, so it takes a lot of study, asking for a lot of advice from experienced players. There are plenty of those players here, and they are willing to help. But if you gain a friend or two, and you happened to be at the table with them,don't think they will play nice poker with you. For all of us, poker is war. Take that advice to the tables and slowly use it. Don't do like many new players that come here for help. They either think 2 months of study is enough to play with the big boys, or they don't have the time for anything and just quit. Much of the time, they are after PWs and when they see it's going to take some work, they haul ass some where else, and probably find the same. So go for it and GL to you. Oh I want to add one more thing about learning to play poker and the time it takes. I've been learning poker from these members for the past 3 years, and there has been some good results, but I'm still asking for advice, and I don't see any end of that. Remember that at least 50% of what you learn will come from your playing at the tables. Cash and MTTs and they will take a different way of playing GL

Last edited:
AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great chart there! Thanks! maybe I will apply it to my BR management.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can follow the "Ian the Fish" table or you can stay between 15-50 BB.

D

Dedulia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on to wanna have at least 100 buy-ins of tournament to play

P

Pavel Stezhkin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And on a smaller amount of the deposit have a planned schedule? I usually vkidyvayu to $ 20, and play on them, I do not have to display anything (((

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 20 buy ins is sufficient if you are playing well and you can avoid playing anything but your A game. If you have any kind of tilt or play poorly when upset, don't play, you will go through buy ins in a hurry.
MTTs I think 50 is okay, but the variance is so high in tournaments, that 80-100 would probably make most feel more comfortable after experiencing a downswing.

stoke

D

Daniljev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on to wanna have at least 100 buy-ins of tournament to play

I think this is the minimum that is necessary. But what to do when your bankroll is at zero. Go play in the cache?

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay around 5% for cash games and 2% for tournaments. Its a easy simple rule that will work wonders in bankroll management.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 20 buy ins is ok, if you have good win rate.

J

Jon123567

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 20 fulls buy ins is a good amount.

PKPurple

PKPurple

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20 buy-in is recommended to start playing cash game, but for sit n go and tournaments in my opinion it is better between 30 and 40 buy-in

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its depends of situation if you like to risk you can play with 3-4 buy-in, but you will not have a peace on your minds , because you can losse your money very easy ,and if you're lucky you can starting to raise your bankroll , but anyway I think 20-25 buy-in is enough to start to play confortable.
Thanks.

S

SerZhadanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER PLAY FOR MORE MONEY THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management