bankroll at low limits

ozmouzer

ozmouzer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Train on conventional chips, play on money with your current skill equally throw ur cash into the fire. I'm lose $30 deposite for 2 days on nl10, when play with no-skill. Now i'm play only tournaments (mtt), low limit's game so bored.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OP should perhaps try to shorten their comments and post more often.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In cash games, i read 100 times the big blind u want to join is the minimum bankroll to set. So 200x the bigblind would be okay.

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play in freerolls for a few years until you learn the basics :)

The difference between tournaments and cash games, is in cash games you mainly only care about winning chips, so any bet with a positive EV is generally OK.

In tournaments, you not only care about winning chips, but in surviving as long as possible in the tournament. That makes some strange things happen, sometimes a plus EV in winning chips is not enough to compensate for increasing the risk of busting out of the tournament.

Even stranger, if one is a very bad player, sometimes a negative EV as far as winning chips goes, actually gives a better chance of winning the tournament :)

Last edited:
micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To become a member of the FR club you have to have 65 QUALITY posts, I don't think any of your posts so far qualify

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rule of thumb: minimum of 100xthe big blind must be your bankroll.
Ideal is 200xthe bigblind.
So in your case, your minimum bankroll should be 50 dollars. The ideal or safe bankroll would be 100 dollars.

But again, .25/.5 blinds has much high variance. You must have at least 200 dollars at hand.

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To become a member of the FR club you have to have 65 QUALITY posts, I don't think any of your posts so far qualify

I'm in a hurry or anywhere!

Rule of thumb: minimum of 100xthe big blind must be your bankroll.
Ideal is 200xthe bigblind.
So in your case, your minimum bankroll should be 50 dollars. The ideal or safe bankroll would be 100 dollars.

But again, .25/.5 blinds has much high variance. You must have at least 200 dollars at hand.

yes! I already felt)

play in freerolls for a few years until you learn the basics :)

The difference between tournaments and cash games, is in cash games you mainly only care about winning chips, so any bet with a positive EV is generally OK.

In tournaments, you not only care about winning chips, but in surviving as long as possible in the tournament. That makes some strange things happen, sometimes a plus EV in winning chips is not enough to compensate for increasing the risk of busting out of the tournament.

Even stranger, if one is a very bad player, sometimes a negative EV as far as winning chips goes, actually gives a better chance of winning the tournament :)

yes so playing in freerolls!
playing poker, I understand that I am not a tournament player. the cashe I feel very comfortable. I will continue to work on this. of course only through mistakes and work on them

play at the micro and small limits very difficult) most of the players there are very tight. their style of play to go with AK under 4BB, call strongly kills. and they are the majority

but the most annoying is that after one of the two wins, they'll run away)

I believe that this is not poker! and some solitaire!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he knows more than he says, and is just trying to get 65 posts fast.
I saw one sentence that was in 3 posts, all within 3 minutes of each other...lol
You might have A quality post so far.

You should have at least 20-30 BIs for 50NL, and that's on the low side.
So that's $1,000-$1,500, and that's on the low side.
Since your a beginner , you should probably have at least 50BIs and if I were you I'd stick with 100BIs.

Chipper_Tracy42

Chipper_Tracy42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To OP:
You really look DESPERATE for a freeroll! I kid you not... :confused:
Your posts were one short sentence (or two) and in succession, with an interval of 4-5 minutes! Not only on this thread but on other threads as well.
That looks desperate OP, and annoying! I have been to this site for more than 2 years yet I don't even have 40 posts. To Each Their Own, and we have different priorities, but still...
I'm not attacking or mocking you OP, but change your approach please.:(

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
torbush77,

You will NEVER qualify for the freeroll club posting like this. DO NOT CONTINUE POSTING SHORT BACK-TO-BACK POSTS LIKE THIS!

If I have to spend another 10 minutes merging all your consecutive posts again, you will be banned.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, you can edit your posts if you think of something to add to it within a certain amount of time. I think its up to 20-30 minutes after your original post.

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he knows more than he says, and is just trying to get 65 posts fast.
I saw one sentence that was in 3 posts, all within 3 minutes of each other...lol
You might have A quality post so far.

You should have at least 20-30 BIs for 50NL, and that's on the low side.
So that's $1,000-$1,500, and that's on the low side.
Since your a beginner , you should probably have at least 50BIs and if I were you I'd stick with 100BIs.

I did not want to get fast 65 posts) I just do not understand it) because my english is not a native.
thanks friend that understood the meaning of my posts

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
somebody enjoys poker calculator during a game? and whether all this thing in the game? I never used it! so I want to learn this disadvantage, or advantage. it can really help to make a quick and correct decision?

W

wizz__

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think tou should raise 3bbs with 10 10 UTG , and than if you get raised, just call and check the flop or if you get called, than cbet flop, that is standart situation, i think.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management