bad slump in six max

R

RdotJdot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I been playing six max last month. $10nl buy in. I did well first few weeks. I doubled my bankrollslowly and felt confident but the last week I haven't been able to win one freaking session. I don't know what the hell happened. If it continues I gonna loose whole bankroll. I really don't know what happened. I tilt a little after I lose some. So that's part of it. But I overall I don't know what I am doing different. It just feels way harder now. How the hell u stop a slump?

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go through slumps or streaks. Some of it is variance but some of it is bad play, making incorrect decisions. I would try the following:

1. take a break from playing for awhile, even just a day may help.
  2. determine the best time/ place to play. For me it is early morning before the kids are up. In the evening I am tired from work and the day's events and my decisions are more emotional and less thorough. Figure out the best time for you.
  3. pull up some hand histories where you lost a lot of money and try and see if you can find some major mistakes that you can fix.
  4. either drop down in levels or switch to Full Ring. I haven't played 6max but I hear the aggression level is way up. Full Ring may give you more opportunities to get in good.
  5. tell yourself before each session you are going to play well and then do it.
  6. If you are re-raised consider the hands that beat you. Then think of what you can draw to improve. Then count the outs, figure pot odds and determine if you should call, raise or fold.

R

RdotJdot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My main problem is by far tilting. I play like a donk when I tilt. It usually happens when I lose 2 or 3 big hands that I played well. Its happened a lot last week cuz I been on this bad streak. I think I will try switching to full ring for a bit and I did take yesterday off. Maybe today too. Thanks for advice. I never had losing streak like this before.