Bad Poker Players

T

tigilles

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play against bad players (or loose players) I usually never over play my cards before I see the river and know I have the nuts, cause usually they are bluffing their way to the river and since they are commited to the pot once the river shows, they will call, no matter what the bet is.
And if I want to call to a pot without getting all in, but am not sure I have the highest hand, I only bet when I am alone with a bad player, so even if he wins, I will get my money back from him sometime in the game.

But usually, you have to be very tight and passive against loose or bad players.

tigilles

subchapterj

subchapterj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just play with the best hands and be conservative online. i have never won an online tourney without a fold percentage of around 70% or higher. just play like howard lederer and wait for the paint then bust the amatuers. its pretty straightforward when you pay attention to the winning hands and the betting patterns.

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree only play the good hands, weed out the bull. Take the winnings. Although if feeling frisky, I too play foolishly. Just being honest.

J

jerseygirl14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker players

You never know what is gonna come up so its a judgement call. Sometimes insterad of just playing your cards you have to play the flop.

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody is allowed to bet their chips in any matter that they see fit and those are the rules. Anybody that doesn't respect this shouldn't be playing poker.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I admit I hate hope and wish betters just like anybody else. They hope and wish to catch a flush or a straight. My other 2 terms are "run forest run".. "chase those cards", and "I have some bait for the fisherman". I see you like "fishing for cards". Those so called wish and hope betters hate when I say those things to them.

J

jde_07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah weak players are calling stations and will pay about any amount of money to see a flop and to see a winning hand. Trying to bluff them is pointless imo. Just because they like to see cards and play the action. but its good because they also like paying you off in the end.

D

DAVEANOVA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, "Last Bullet", needs to take a vacation and lightin' up a bit. It's a game and everyone plays their way, no matter how pissed you get. It's your job to figure out how to beat 'em. There are a lot of new players and many are just feeling there way around and winning a few hands while doing it. If someone is playing rags, all the time, it has to catch up with them sooner or later. Calm down

J

jjhooksjj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If they are so loose that they will call any all-in with top pair, you just keep limping in until you flop a hand that beats top pair, and hope to run into top pair. If you can do that once, (and the more flops you see, the better your chances of doing that,) you will bust them. Raise with strong hands, limp with medium hands.

E

Executioner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With bad players, you have to wait till you get an incredible hand and draw them to go all in. New players always seem to get lucky and win nice pots. Pisses many people off but thats the reality.

M

mdk2all

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick with playing solid cards, and betting on big hands, like straights, or trips. When it comes to bad players, if you can spot the ones that like to be the raiser all the time, let them do the betting for you, then raise back the minimum. They usually will call you at that point. I've noticed that seems to work most of the time as a move against bad players. From there, you can make another decent sized raise and reel them in.

E

Eking657

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with people that dont have much experience should be the easiest way to make money.
First off in early position i would not consider an A/K offsuit a great hand to raise 4 times the pot, a mere call would be fine.Usually begginners raise themselves,and if they do i can garantee its with an ace,their kicker makes no difference,they dont take that into consideration,and thats exactly when you can take their entire bankroll.If an ace appears on the table they do not have the discipline to throw their hand away.
Play tight,aggressive and wait for them to make mistakes.
In my country(israel) i play alot of poker for big money. The key is to wait for your opponent make a mistake and to be patient,no unneccessary bluffing. Youll never lose a game with unexperienced players.

V

VegasGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping in is asking for Bad Beats.

If you limp in with A,K...AA....KK or whatever and you get beat for a large pot...It is your own fault.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
77345 said:
I agree only play the good hands, weed out the bull. Take the winnings. Although if feeling frisky, I too play foolishly. Just being honest.
I can't agree more. While I try to play "correctly" I will play junk sometimes just because I'm bored. Another reason is not seeing any aces or paint for about 50 hands in a row - makes you loose...

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eking657 said:
Playing with people that dont have much experience should be the easiest way to make money.
First off in early position i would not consider an A/K offsuit a great hand to raise 4 times the pot, a mere call would be fine.Usually begginners raise themselves,and if they do i can garantee its with an ace,their kicker makes no difference,they dont take that into consideration,and thats exactly when you can take their entire bankroll.If an ace appears on the table they do not have the discipline to throw their hand away.
Play tight,aggressive and wait for them to make mistakes.
In my country(israel) i play alot of poker for big money. The key is to wait for your opponent make a mistake and to be patient,no unneccessary bluffing. Youll never lose a game with unexperienced players.
Just a quick add-on. Just be careful though cause those kickers can give them 2 pair including that ace.

V

VegasGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
twizzybop said:
Just a quick add-on. Just be careful though cause those kickers can give them 2 pair including that ace.
Another Good Reason to Raise 3.5X - 4X the BB Preflop

J

juniorjohn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes bad player do get lucky alot but i think lucky player still have an edge:musicus:

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck comes and goes but knowledge stays forever.

S

sonni

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bad players is one of my least favorite things about poker, they'll play any hand and get lucky when u actually have a good hand. But most of the time u can simply overcome these players and get the best of your money