T

Tangax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi,

I started around 3 months ago and won both an online tournament and went live for the first time and won £250 out of 31 players which was nice.

I flew up from my first $20 to $80 but now over some time have slowly come down to $60 and its mainly close all ins which are dragging me down as I expect 1c 2c players not to really have much when going all in.

Im learning new things everyday, I know which size bets on which boards, floating, 3 bets, 3BB raises on preflop and which hands to raise by reading books and forums and watching youtube videos how could I be more profitable when i started in online cash games just playing blindly ? I'm thinking of just using online to practice and make my money in live.

Attached some of these beats keeping my bankroll down, Thought I would be getting towards $200m bankroll to move up to 2c 5c by now not down to $60 and slowly moving down after all ive learned and the hours ive put in.

Also how do you avoid all-ins when your two pair or better is beat in a 1c 2c game?

Kind Regards,

Jack.

Attachments

• cardschat1.png
    cardschat1.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 72
  • cardschat2.png
    cardschat2.png
    353.3 KB · Views: 72
  • cardschat3.png
    cardschat3.png
    341.6 KB · Views: 58
  • cardschat4.png
    cardschat4.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 71
waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would say none of these are bad beats. All has a draw that could have returned good money in a cash game or they had you beat when going all in. I would take your assumption down that players on low stakes will always have nothing. Remember you are playing the same stakes as them….

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Finally got rid of these bad beats 6-7 years ago! Simply stopped playing Cash games :p

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't see a bad beat here!!! A bad beat is a hand where a player with a much lower chance of winning wins!!!

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Difficult to tell if these are bad beats as we dont know the action, but the first two you dont have a particularly strong hand

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I played the 1c/2c and now I play 2c/5c, because I like it better, it is faster situation and you can see easier what you're doing. Generally it needs breaks when things don't go as you would like. Then more fresh you can play with more appetite!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is never going to be a 1-way road to prosperity. 10 BI downswings (or upswings) are very common, and larger swings of 20, 30 or 50 BIs will also happen. This is regardless of stakes, but the higher your winrate, the easier it to pull out of a swing. Check out this free variance calculator. You need to pick a standard deviation, and this will depend on the game and your playing style. But in lack of actual knowledge about the number, you can use the default value of 100 particularly for 6-max.

Also as others have said, none of those hands are even close to being bad beats. In two cases your opponent had a draw and got there. In one case they coolered you with a better two pair, and in the last case they had a better hand the whole time, and you are the one, who made a very light stack-off with KT offsuit.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi,

I started around 3 months ago and won both an online tournament and went live for the first time and won £250 out of 31 players which was nice.

I flew up from my first $20 to $80 but now over some time have slowly come down to $60 and its mainly close all ins which are dragging me down as I expect 1c 2c players not to really have much when going all in.

Im learning new things everyday, I know which size bets on which boards, floating, 3 bets, 3BB raises on preflop and which hands to raise by reading books and forums and watching youtube videos how could I be more profitable when i started in online cash games just playing blindly ? I'm thinking of just using online to practice and make my money in live.

Attached some of these beats keeping my bankroll down, Thought I would be getting towards $200m bankroll to move up to 2c 5c by now not down to $60 and slowly moving down after all ive learned and the hours ive put in.

Also how do you avoid all-ins when your two pair or better is beat in a 1c 2c game?

Kind Regards,

Jack.
Try posting some Hand Histories and I'm sure you'll receive some helpful feedback.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they're sitting with 100bb, I'd actually expect the opposite.
Exactly. The below was posted in a hand analysis thread to prove, that there is a lot of wild bluffing at 2NL. But the hands selected actually prove the exact opposite. Out of 7 hands there is 1, where someone pushed all-in for 75BB with nothing. But in the other 6 hands, when players pushed for 75-100BB, it was not nessesarely the nuts but always for value, like AKs preflop and TPTK postflop.

There were a number of light/bad calls, and this is exactly why, bluffing is rare at 2NL. Because if you are getting called down by bottom pair, as happened in one of the hands, then bluffing is just lighting money on fire, and all the regs know this. So as you say, when someone ships it for 100BB at 2NL, we should generally not expect them to be bluffing. And therefore our default should be to fold, unless we have enough equity against their value range.
There, players play with a variety of hands for stacks:

:cautious:

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi,

Kind Regards,

Jack.
Listen carefully to your inner instincts they will tell you precisely whether you are right of wrong, if you should river call a jam on a complicated/coordinated board or simply fold.
Besides, try to play more and study more, focus on mental health and responsible gaming.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't really call the K10 a bad beat you were dominated and dead to a 10 but sure it can be frustrating when these things go against you. You may be forgetting all the times it goes in your favor. Just laugh its easier.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
those are not bad beats. The more important question is how these hands were played. For example, the last hand, did you give your opponent free cards on the board, did you raise on the turn, was the pot built before the river or after the river? Maybe these hands were just played wrong.

In micro stakes you have very large swings because there are a lot of weak players who cannot be bluffed etc. and often have hands that you would never expect from a given position.

And a small note, change the decks to 4-colors, it really helps understand the situation on the table