Nobody gonna mention variance?

-

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its better to auto rebuy if your not good at playing with various stack sizes. If you get blinded down to much and dont rebuy you are forced to use more tournament strategy instead of cash strategy. The only time I dont rebuy is when the table is real LAG so I can stack off lighter against them when i feel im ahead(mainly draw games).

Breezy222

Breezy222

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well good luck to you. No use trying to explain to small minds. Happy grinding. Hope to see you on the tables.

Breezy222

Breezy222

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does it mean when you have to rebuy? It means you are losing.

Breezy222

Breezy222

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance happens

-

Yes I know this. But to rebuy without auto rebuy gives you time to recollect your thoughts and breathe from steaming or tilt or stepping outside of your bankroll. But like I said happy grinding to all. Hope to see you all on the felts. Happy grinding.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Or if you go broke. You have the opportunity to rebuy and then cool off when the blinds come back around to you. Just common knowledge.

Yes I know this. But to rebuy without auto rebuy gives you time to recollect your thoughts and breathe from steaming or tilt or stepping outside of your bankroll. But like I said happy grinding to all. Hope to see you all on the felts. Happy grinding.

Thats great if thats what you gotta do to stop yourself from tilting. Do what's best for you. I can say most players don't need to "recollect their thoughts" or get tilted from losing a couple bi's. When your using decent brm (+50 bi's) you dont really stress out about each hand you lose.

Also sounds like you're shortstacking til you bust. Which a pretty good waste of value. Nothing like the nuts with 30bbs.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey sry for the timely response but i am still here and reading everyones input. Thanks by the way. could u explain varience to me a little pls and thanks. and i c now why ppl would rely on auto rebuy. when mentioned about multietabeling, i guess its alot easier instead of having to try and rebuy while all these tables are popping up on yah. abd also see ur point Beersy, because i think thay kinda more how i play. so depending on each person and how they play in a sence there is no right or wrong but it can make or break some1s bankroll if not used properly. hope that i am getting the right idea from this. Happy Holidays btw.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im afraid that the auto rebuy has the potential to make u lose more money than u are aware of . isnt this one of the cons of auto rebuying even if u are playing your A game. Even A games lose sometimes. isnt it crappy to get to the end of the session and find out that ur down instead of being up like you thought u were just cause u autorebuyed?

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do what's best for you imo. You may miss out on some value when you get a good hand if your not topped up but I strongly recommend doing what makes you comfortable.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good way to busto real quick. Pros will tell you auto top up for their advantage. If you got to rebuy it means you are losing. So save some money and sit it out. If they are telling you to auto rebuy it is them saying I want you to fill up my bankroll.

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
auto rebuy

I always have it set so I don't have to worry about missing a potential excellent hand.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see that this is a topic that is very undecided. each way is good for its reasons and bad. i guess its really just down to getting comfortable with whats best for you. again thanks for all the input keep em coming i want to hear what you think.

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really can't believe some of the things i have read in this thread. anyway, have a short summary of the pros and cons of rebuying:

pros:
- if you are a winning player, on a normal day you make more money. nothing matters as much as this, really.
- if you play more than 2 tables, that lets you concentrate on the other players and plays they make, rather than on the questions "what bets will get me pot-commited with my current stack?" or "should i rebuy already?"
- people will think twice about putting so much of their money in the middle, if you show strength with 100+bb. if you have 20bb, many people will just call with any 2 good cards and draw out on you.

cons:
- you can't immediately tell how much you have won or lost by looking at the obviously only one or two table(s) you are playing. solution: keep playing live and tell yourself you are good.
- if you (play without any bankroll management rules and) have just a few BI for the stakes you play at, you may suddenly find you play above what your BR allows, or in other words you may have broken your BRM rules... of the BRM that you did not have to start with.
- as a direct consequence of the above, you can go broke. because you will never know that people take money from you. apparently.
- you are also never allowed to look at other ways to check your current balance, like say the "cashier" window, or the mini gadget if you play at FTP. if you were allowed to do that, you could render the above 2 "cons" completely irrelevant, and we don't want that.
- you can never lose what you do not put on the tables. thus, never rebuying automatically makes you a winning player who can never go broke (not!)
- people who play stakes often much higher than yours go to free forums specifically to try and lie to you about questions like that, just to fill their own pockets with the extra money you would lose. also, the world government will soon outlaw the internet, and online poker is rigged anyway, so why bother?

all in all... no, it surely is just a matter of personal preference and playing style. :stupido2:/sarcasm.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really can't believe some of the things i have read in this thread. anyway, have a short summary of the pros and cons of rebuying:

pros:
- if you are a winning player, on a normal day you make more money. nothing matters as much as this, really.
- if you play more than 2 tables, that lets you concentrate on the other players and plays they make, rather than on the questions "what bets will get me pot-commited with my current stack?" or "should i rebuy already?"
- people will think twice about putting so much of their money in the middle, if you show strength with 100+bb. if you have 20bb, many people will just call with any 2 good cards and draw out on you.

cons:
- you can't immediately tell how much you have won or lost by looking at the obviously only one or two table(s) you are playing. solution: keep playing live and tell yourself you are good.
- if you (play without any bankroll management rules and) have just a few BI for the stakes you play at, you may suddenly find you play above what your BR allows, or in other words you may have broken your BRM rules... of the BRM that you did not have to start with.
- as a direct consequence of the above, you can go broke. because you will never know that people take money from you. apparently.
- you are also never allowed to look at other ways to check your current balance, like say the "cashier" window, or the mini gadget if you play at FTP. if you were allowed to do that, you could render the above 2 "cons" completely irrelevant, and we don't want that.
- you can never lose what you do not put on the tables. thus, never rebuying automatically makes you a winning player who can never go broke (not!)
- people who play stakes often much higher than yours go to free forums specifically to try and lie to you about questions like that, just to fill their own pockets with the extra money you would lose. also, the world government will soon outlaw the internet, and online poker is rigged anyway, so why bother?

all in all... no, it surely is just a matter of personal preference and playing style. :stupido2:/sarcasm.

So in other words if i have the bankroll, confidence and skill i should keep it on because i can maxamise every pot i am trying to win and it can also make me able to take out players who dont have at least 100bb just by raising
sometimes. i know when i am getting low on chips i play alot more conservatively.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So in other words if i have the bankroll, confidence and skill i should keep it on because i can maxamise every pot i am trying to win and it can also make me able to take out players who dont have at least 100bb just by raising sometimes. i know when i am getting low on chips i play alot more conservatively.

Yea, I'd keep auto rebuy on imo. Also, remember eff stacks. You're not really looking to get involved with the smaller stacks at the table unless you kno/think you have them dominated. Simple logic really, they don't have much to offer you so don't give them the courtesy of playing back at them when you're light.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope i got everything coverd there. would u recomend this for players who dont have enough cash for it or skill??? how should they go about this???

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, I'd keep auto rebuy on imo. Also, remember eff stacks. You're not really looking to get involved with the smaller stacks at the table unless you kno/think you have them dominated. Simple logic really, they don't have much to offer you so don't give them the courtesy of playing back at them when you're light.

thats what i was trying to say
lol thanks you very well said i was thinking that but hadent a clue how to go about typing it out for my last explaination.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't have enough cash then move down to stakes where you're using proper bankroll management.
If you don't have enough skill, then move down to stakes where you're better than the average player or you won't be making money anyway.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't have enough cash then move down to stakes where you're using proper bankroll management.
If you don't have enough skill, then move down to stakes where you're better than the average player or you won't be making money anyway.

+1
having learnt this the hard way at first i had to go back and revamp my whole game. thank god it was the begining so when it came time to fix things it was great because i hadnt aquired bad habbits which woulda just made it harder for me to break in the end. having looked hear for guidence with any issues has been great for my game and hoping that it continues to improve. was most surprised when first learning how much poker isnt just luck and how many lilthings can change everything at any moment. definately a game of skill, and one of the hardest games to ever be made that can be masterd. most sports, games, contests can all be masterd. Poker is a learning curve forever!

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know personally i havent played for years but from what i have noticed i am learning all the time, and from what i hear poker is a game that keeps changing over the years. a very challenging game, a great passtime, and just a good way to make some cash : )

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think people who still can't figure out why Auto Rebuy is good after reading this thread are beyond mortal help in any case.

Divine intervention FTW :D

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See my point. That is not using proper bankroll management. So let these guys play with their auto rebuy and lose more money when they are running bad. Personally If I want to rebuy I will just rebuy. And I have to wait till the blind come back around to me giving me time to steam and calm down. You can rebuy just as easy with out having to use the rebuy feature. But what do I know I haven't been broke yet. And I have been playing for 21 years. So who knows maybe I am wrong.

Wow is this guy for real? His logic* is a little flawed.

*Or lack there of.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never used that option 'cus I think it is stupid and I doubt anyone is earning the money on cash game by using it. That's my experience.

Really???? no reasoning just cus its "Stupid"
lol if you have something to say i would love to hear it
but just saying its stupid doesnt have any grounds as to why it is lol
Which clearly it isnt. I can see clearly how players who are multitableing would love to use this.
and then theres good reasoning why others wouldnt. So when it all comes down to it it personal preference. players grinding out cash tables for hrs are going to need it set up where otheres who just come on and open a couple of tables and are watching the play continuously dont really need it on.