Attacking the blinds

BabyShoes

BabyShoes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed a woman consistently raising the BB when I have it, but only late in a tourney.

What strategy could you suggest to kick her lovely butt?! :cool:

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw that in a ring game. One player raised whenever I was the BB and several times showed junk. I decided to not be put off by his raise and took my KQ suited to the river over his raise and a K on the flop. Of course, this time his raise was AK. In other words, I would suggest you play your normal game and not try to kick her lovely butt just because you THINK her raise is garbage.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw that in a ring game. One player raised whenever I was the BB and several times showed junk. I decided to not be put off by his raise and took my KQ suited to the river over his raise and a K on the flop. Of course, this time his raise was AK. In other words, I would suggest you play your normal game and not try to kick her lovely butt just because you THINK her raise is garbage.

The pig speaks truth.:eek: Approach playing the BB like any other hand. The best strategy against someone who habitually bluffs usually is...let 'em, unless you've a premium habd. Reraise a couple times when you have real good cards, and let it go when you don't. Remember, from the blind, you will always be OP, sp be wary of trying any fancy play with a marginal hand.

BabyShoes

BabyShoes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, sounds like solid advice - thanks guys.

Maybe I'll spike her drink or sumpin'!! ;):D

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To kick her butt, re-raise with AX, K-6 or higher, and any pocket pair just push.

BabyShoes

BabyShoes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, TBop -

I think that sig of yours might also be applicable...LOL!

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Baby, instead of kicking her butt, kiss it with some chat.:) Perhaps she will take pity on you.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Baby, instead of kicking her butt, kiss it with some chat.:) Perhaps she will take pity on you.

Actually that may be very solid advice. I've found that if I make "friends" with others players at the table they'll be less likely to attack my blinds without a decent hand.

L

Leebold05

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would wait for a decent hand and raise it up, but I wouldn't get too upset about being raised. It can mess with your head!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time come over the top with total garbage (NOT a potentially dominated hand like KT or QJ). If you get called, check fold, if she folds good. Either way: show the hand ! This will let an aggressive player know that they risk being played back at, and that you are not an automatic blind atm. If you play a card contingent style where you wait for a good hand to re-aggress, then a good LAG will just get out of your way, putting it down to the cost of doing business. Then right back to stealing again, while you wait for another hand. You need to slow them down, or at least point out to them that there are easier targets at which to direct their attack.

Also, this becomes a lot less of a big deal if you yourself are stealing from other people. "Steal and be stolen from": just make sure you are doing more of the former than the latter.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would re-raise several times with a wide range of hands. Obviously it still has to be playable (42o you just fold). Now if she reacts by folding most of the time this should slow her down. If she reacts by calling or raising it means that either she's picking up quality hands or else she's just a maniac, which means you wait for a quality hand, raise and push to a re-raise.

BabyShoes

BabyShoes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, all -

Can't wait until Tuesday evening and the final table!

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I would kick it.. Might do something else with it though.;)

S

Sonic_x_Reducer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be beneficial to call the raise every once in a while with medium hands like suited connected. This way you can see what kind of post flop betting patterns this person makes after the usual blind raise. Sometimes flopping a monster...then smooth calling if the attacker consistently keeps upping the continuation bets is a good way to make money....and give this person something to think about the next time they want to attack your blind.