At what point should i redeposit?

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive never deposited on ACR. I would say do freerolls and earn your roll:) Unless youre rich..

Not rich, just young bachelor with low cost of living and healthy disposable income in my budget. I suppose if things go that way, I might do that. I know acr has decent freerolls.

I think this weekend though I'm going to play double up SNGs. I think I can build up a fresh new bank roll that way

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think playing microstakes has anything to do with being rich lol. It is cheaper to learn online than playing 1-2 or 1-3 nl. I really don't think free rolls are going to teach you much, sure a ton of bad players, but you may end up over estimating your skill when you start playing for $$. 30/20 looks way to loose passive, if I had to guess your playing way to many of your hands out of position, take a look at your bb per 100 see if you see anything really telling there. I would advise folding more out of the blinds, until you feel you have a better grasp of the game. I would advise throwing out like the bottom 4-5% of that and tighten up too, maybe just defending the blinds will do this, it is really hard to say.

BluDogg

BluDogg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And one of the toughest player pools imaginable.

Bovada 5NL is going to top that.

Have you considered BetOnline as another alternative?

Are you saying that ACR isn't very soft?

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An inexperienced player gains understanding through knowledge and constant practice. Don't be afraid to make mistakes in the first pairs, and always remember that poker is a game with long-term expectations that brings great benefits. I also plan to make a second deposit in a row, I'll probably see how I play 100 bucks, I think it's okay.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been getting completely pummeled by variance over the past few days, going from 24 BI at the lowest stakes offered on bovada (5NL) on Friday down to 7BI today... Should I stick it out and hope for a recovery or should I make another deposit for a full roll so I'm not playing scared money. Should I maybe even increase my BR requirements to 40BI instead of the more aggressive 20BI?

Should I wait if/until I bust to make another deposit?

It seems like variance is through the roof against bad players

This post is 5 years old, so for sure OP wont benefit from any futher answers or probably even read them. But its still a relevant topic, and since someone else have decided to revive the thread, perhaps not nothing its age, here is my take on the subject:

If you have spare money sitting in a bank account, then the balance in your poker account is not truly a bankroll, and its not really needed to increase it, until you can no longer play the games, you want. However for a lot of people it will tend to feel different, if the money is actually sitting in the poker account. They will tend to relax more and generally play better.

So for most people in a situation like that of OP, I would recommend to top up the poker account to at least 150$, if they are playing 5NL cash, to simply not worry so much about the result of their next session. This also mean, that the path to for instance a 300$ bankroll and moving up to 10NL becomes shorter. And this is a good thing, because we dont want to spend half a livetime playing at the very lowest stakes possible.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes it's a 5yr. old thread BUT at least it's not about 'is it rigged?' 'do you think online is out to get you?' 'do you play better live than online?', etc. etc.

Question: Should you re-deposit.

Answer:
If the amount of money in your poker account isn't allowing you to comfortably play at the stakes you'd prefer to be playing at, then re DEPOSIT. If you're playing with scared money but at stakes you think you can beat, then perhaps you don't have enough money sitting in your account to play with?

There's also the other take on this.... Ask yourself how much do you want to invest in your recreationally hobby each month. If you've reached your maximum, then DO NOT re-deposit.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Start thinking of playing another format, Cash games are not for everyone and I personally hate them. Try single table SnGs for a while and try to rebuild your bankroll, it may take a while but Poker is all about having patience along with skill and a little luck.
I have never deposited on any site and always managed a small but playable bankroll on several sites by playing Free-rolls and then micro-stake SnGs until I win enough to play for higher stakes.
I sometimes wonder when someone says they won X amount of money gambling on any game of chance, even horse racing or Sports betting, exactly how much it has cost them over the years. A close friend once won £10,000 from a £50 accumulator bet on football, and within 6 months he was borrowing money again.
I can say with all honesty. I have never borrowed money to play Poker, and never will if you cannot afford it. Don't play it. It is that simple!
If you have lost huge in cash games it is time to lower your stakes or find another game that suits your Bankroll.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you know what is fully prepared , confident that hit the glade

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been getting completely pummeled by variance over the past few days, going from 24 BI at the lowest stakes offered on bovada (5NL) on Friday down to 7BI today... Should I stick it out and hope for a recovery or should I make another deposit for a full roll so I'm not playing scared money. Should I maybe even increase my BR requirements to 40BI instead of the more aggressive 20BI?

Should I wait if/until I bust to make another deposit?

It seems like variance is through the roof against bad players

Good day!
You have a very aggressive BR for NL5, I think you need a minimum of 50 bi.
Now work with what you have, what's the point of making a deposit now? If you lose the rest, then make a deposit if you wish. But you can still hope for an upstreak :cool::):)