AsJc 25NL

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,
I played this hand yesterday and not sure if it was a good decision so looking for some advice.
Hero open from Cut with As-Jc
BB min reraise. Hero call
Flop - Js9dAs
Player 1- bets half pot
Hero reraised to pot size
Player 1 reraise to all in.
Hero?
Hero 96BB
Player 1 150BB
Prior this hero was little agr. Last 2 pots he reraise and taken preflop. :confused:

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might want to double-check the cards since you're dealt AsJc and give a flop that has the As also. But assuming that it's just a different suit, such as Ad on the flop, then you have to call the all-in.

Top two pair is an extremely strong hand, particularly in a 3bet pot. You lose only to the five set hand combos and an aggressive player who reraised the last two pots could be on a very wide range.

So, calling will definitely win you money here :)

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might want to double-check the cards since you're dealt AsJc and give a flop that has the As also. But assuming that it's just a different suit, such as Ad on the flop, then you have to call the all-in.

Top two pair is an extremely strong hand, particularly in a 3bet pot. You lose only to the five set hand combos and an aggressive player who reraised the last two pots could be on a very wide range.

So, calling will definitely win you money here :)
It was Ad and 9s lol typo

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No worries Desiat, I figured something like that was the case!

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hard spot, re-raise in BB sometimes means a strong hand , after this type of flop, for someone go all in I think only with a set or KsQs, Player 1 probably have one , the turn card is very important, and my decision would be based there, I would fold this all-in because various reasons, but I understand a call with 2 pairs in this situation

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Min Reraise preflop could mean anything so hard to get a read. Not sure if I like the Potsize flop raise. From draws only KQs is out there. Other than that 5 set combos that beat you, some AQ or lower ace pairs and just bluffs. Is there enough to get value from? Also raising to pot doesn’t Leave you too much for turn. I’d probably flat turn and reevaluate.