Another lesson learned..

Nitram_80

Nitram_80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was at the final table of a MTT and I was the BB with the blinds very high . 2 players limped in and one of them I knew was a donkey . I rarely do this but from time to time when the blinds are high I push all in from the BB to steal those blinds , I do this with any marginal hand. Today that dumb move got me busted out when I had a nice size stack. Not the donkey , but the other guy called me with 9s and I lost with Q7.I was surprised to see him risk all his stack with just a pair of 9s when he also had a big stack. But I guess he felt I was being a thief and he was right but I dont know if I was in his position , I would call with a medium pair. Well thats online poker, where people call all-ins with alot of hands. Also I failed to realized that alot of players limp in with monster hands, althoug I dont get that . Anyways, I will never try that again , unless I am certain that I wont get called . What do you guys think about doing this?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunate; sometimes making a big raise has more of an effect than an all-in, especially from the blinds. You're showing them you have a powerful hand and that you're not afraid to play out of position when the flop hits (that is if they call). It takes some balls to put out that second (or sometimes third) bullet out there, but IMO it's much more effective than an all-in which is often seen as weakness. Think about how many times you've seen a guy overbet a pot all-in just trying to buy it. It's a big gamble, because people will only call with hands that lead you.
Another thing to keep in mind is to watch those EP limp-raisers. Mark those guys down and make sure you don't make this move with them limping in.

just my 2c

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Debating on weither or not to call with a top 10 pre-flop hand?
Is it tough to make such a call? Maybe but pushig all-in from the Blinds scream "call me I have 2 random cards".. I always say one needs a hand to fight with apon acting in the 1st 2 positions.