Another example why not to slowplay... don't know how to get out of these things.

X

xlmnx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh the bad beats just flow in, fact is that its going to happen and its going to happen often. Atleast we cc'ers can fully admit our tilt and reconize it on a level. I think of it as complete defeat an throwing in my last piece of live bait into the school of little baitfish or panfish instead of throwing it in the deep water in hopes for a big hookup. ;)

OldschoolSteinhausen

OldschoolSteinhausen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not always three betting there preflop, did you have a read?

The slowplay is probably a bad idea in that spot. You do want villain to try and catch up, but you should do so in spots where its easier for him to feel like if he hits his hand it is best. So....The KKx is pretty intimidating to anything that hits a simple pair on the turn, that to me means that we dont slowplay, we try to bet. Someone said 1/4 pot bet vs a maniac, and I agree. Otherwise bet normal. Sorry that you got bad beated!

B

Beasty2k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not always three betting there preflop, did you have a read?

The slowplay is probably a bad idea in that spot. You do want villain to try and catch up, but you should do so in spots where its easier for him to feel like if he hits his hand it is best. So....The KKx is pretty intimidating to anything that hits a simple pair on the turn, that to me means that we dont slowplay, we try to bet. Someone said 1/4 pot bet vs a maniac, and I agree. Otherwise bet normal. Sorry that you got bad beated!
Agree it's not a 3-bet every time. 99-JJ are trouble hands for me as I am not sure set mining is maximizing value, but also good chance they are behind if villain calls a 3-bet. I lean towards 3-betting, to try and take it down on the flop.

M

mozartk551

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a sure winning hand on the flop with the possibility of loosing to a flush or getting bet out of the hand when the flush comes on the turn, has lead me to play stronger. If the flop is weak then I will play slow.

B

Beasty2k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a sure winning hand on the flop with the possibility of loosing to a flush or getting bet out of the hand when the flush comes on the turn, has lead me to play stronger. If the flop is weak then I will play slow.
In this example, I flopped a full house. I too would play faster with a set on a 2-tone board. But here, it feels almost unbeatable. He won with a straight flush because I slowplayed.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes but in this case I slowplayed a flopped full house! Totally different dynamic.

Plus I didn't slowplay preflop, so could well have taken down the initial raise.

I am not referring to your play, I just mean like I have seen people slow playing AA, KK pre-flop and that's what I am referring to.

Yesterday I won with having a full house, then a few hands later I lost my full house to quads :D

M

MSPokerPlayer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same question I've been asking myself. 3 times last week have I hit a full house only to be beat by a higher full house. I've come to terms
With it just being poker and realizing most people aren't going to toss away a pocket pair even if I would have bet it big.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a FH I can see checking. But with less, I am rarely slowplaying, although it will still be somewhat villain- and preflop-action-dependent.

It also depends on what kind of fh I hit.

If i have QQ and the flop's Q83 then I am checking. If I have AT and the flop's ATT I am betting.

If the flop's wet, then I either bet 0.5 pot to let draws stay in or I just check.

I.e. I hold 88 on 899 flop with 2 suited cards.

Right so last time I played live I flopped a FH 3-way and was criticized after betting that flop (resulting in folds). This happened right after a limped pot when I turned the nut flush and checked, river was a brick which happened to river a FH for villain, stack gone...

So I have been struggling to know when to slowplay and not, hand below is vs a competent regular, my aim was to get money in at all costs, I have to admit I didn't even look at the board by the river.

On the flop he said "quads?", could have meant anything. Any comments, general advice for slowplaying in this spot much appreciated.

Table Information
Seat: 1 Player 1 ($10.71) Dealer
Seat: 2 Hero ($19.3) Small Blind
Seat: 3 Player 3 ($11.73) Big Blind
Seat: 4 Player 4 ($11.11)
Seat: 5 Player 5 ($16.13)
Seat: 6 Player 6 ($26.18)

Dealt to Hero
TS.png
TH.png

Preflop (Pot:0.15)
Player 4 RAISE $0.3
Player 5 FOLD
Player 6 FOLD
Player 1 FOLD
Hero RAISE $1
Player 3 FOLD
Player 4 CALL $0.7

Flop(Pot: $2.15)
TD.png
KD.png
KH.png

Hero CHECK
Player 4 CHECK

Turn(Pot: $2.15)
TD.png
KD.png
KH.png
9D.png

Hero CHECK
Player 4 CHECK

River(Pot: $2.15)
TD.png
KD.png
KH.png
9D.png
JD.png

Hero BET $1.6
Player 4 ALL-IN

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
board is like unreal . but its happen . bet on flop should be the right moove.