ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-Cold calling should be less profitable than 3betting overall
-Cold calling should still be profitable

If you don't have a flatting range then you're losing value from your marginal hands and/or have some hands in your 3betting range that shouldn't be. ie if you're not flatting 77, are you just folding it or 3betting it? 3betting it is generally overplaying it big time, and folding it is just losing value.

This is from my hands this year (20k, not an ideal sample size).

3bets (I'm running terribad):

N4kUDu2.jpg

Flats:

Uwbijnu.jpg

Mind you these are both filtered for being in position. Either villain opened EP-CO and we're IP on him, or SB opened into our BB.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What chuck said, flatting KTs here should be a no brainer

Last edited:
Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
-Cold calling should be less profitable than 3betting overall
-Cold calling should still be profitable

If you don't have a flatting range then you're losing value from your marginal hands and/or have some hands in your 3betting range that shouldn't be. ie if you're not flatting 77, are you just folding it or 3betting it? 3betting it is generally overplaying it big time, and folding it is just losing value.

This is from my hands this year (20k, not an ideal sample size).

3bets (I'm running terribad):

N4kUDu2.jpg

Flats:

Uwbijnu.jpg

Mind you these are both filtered for being in position. Either villain opened EP-CO and we're IP on him, or SB opened into our BB.

Finally a weigh in from a solid player. Hey ChuctTs, it's been a while. Good to hear from you.

That is a very small sample. Looks like almost the exact opposite of mine. I know you used to put in a lot of volume, you must have millions of hands in your DB. You might be reluctant to show the exact details but just out of curiosity do you mind sharing whether you're +BB/100 or -BB/100 Flatting from HJ, CO and Button? Same thing for 3 Betting. I can understand having a wide flatting range to avoid being exploitable but I doubt it's +EV. In my experience 3 betting from the CO and Button with just about any hand is +EV assuming villain has a wide opening range.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is, imo, it's not about avoiding being exploitable. It's about people opening ranges that are exploitable themselves, and making exploitable mistakes postflop, hence our flatting to take advantage of this.

Against a tough 400nl regular, the argument to flat 67s CO vs BTN to exploit his weak postflop tendencies isn't valid at all, but to avoid having an exploitable range distribution, it is. Go back to a 10nl regular, and he's just not going to be playing well postflop at all, so we can use our positional advantage to basically beat the crap out of him and make tons of money.

I'll go into my old database to see what my numbers look like.

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
as it turned out your going to get felted here no matter how you played it . but yes i would have three bet him preflop simply because i want them reacting to me and not the other way around.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha thanks...
lol. Sorry 'mate. I'm sure you're a good player too. I don't spend as much time here as I used to so I'm not up to speed on who everyone is. ChuckT's been around a long time and I trust his opinion.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands