VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Nonsense. Another topic that has been created just for the numbers. I would not allow it to exist but I don't have authorities luckily :)

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will always prefer AK.

Yes, there is one additional straight possibility with KQ, but that really is not enough to significantly change the story. Preflop, i view straight possibilities as 0-4 chances of using both your hole cards for a straight:
  • connectors have 4 possible straights - e.g. 9T can help you hit a K high, Q high, J high or T high straight - 4 possible straights that use both your cards.
  • 1 gappers have 3 possible straights - eg 8T can help you hit a Q high, J high or T high straight - 3 possible straights that use both your cards (25% less chance than connected cards).
  • 2 gappers have 2 possible straights - eg 7T can help you hit a J high or a T high straight - 2 possible straights that use both your cards (50% less chance than connected cards).
  • and lastly 3 gappers have 1 possible straight - eg T6 can help you hit your T high straight only. A 75% less chance of hitting a straight than your connected cards.
So what you may ask? Well, a KQ has the same chances of hitting a straight as a 2 gapper. You can only hit an A high or a K high straight. While it appears that KQ is the best possible connected pre-flop hand, it really doesn't behave like true connectors to help out your straight story a heck of a lot. The strength of the AK is the cards rank, not its straight possibility, the KQ is dominated in rank, and its straight advantage is minimal.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course AK. There are far more chances with AK.

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
country sounds. but I will choose kq because the hand is no longer predictable, and AKs often do not pay when they see an ace on the table. Plus, I do pre-flop raising C qk, People may throw A10 AJ more preflop for fear of domination.
AK has no equity .... too obvious a hand ....Plus we have to expand the range otherwise we will be seen through.

, and qk is more convenient to play on the flop, but AK is more difficult to play on the streets

+ AK can make us bankrupt and make us fly out in a tournament. Having caught kk with the senior kicker, we are confident in domination and exhibit on the first street, and our opponent has 3-of-a-kind, and all is over ... but throw out qk when we are not the eldest kicker and we don’t pay for 3-of-a-kind ... so AK is better to go all-in and qk play flop

Last edited:
N

Newstyle_1704

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, playing with AK is much more profitable, because Pre-flop you will already have a high card with a chance to reach the high pair or straight

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like KQ better too. Its nice to go down with your falling ace witch became a queen. That analogy helps the straights to come.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I know about this hand is that when I have AK and you have AQ, this first card to flop will be the Q. I have lost more chips with AK than any other hand. That is all. Good luck.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All days of the week AK.​

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely prefer AK because of the higher equity in most situations.

Greets

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a dream hand against weak players who like to call with all their average aces and kings, and if you hit the top pair at this time, you will take everything.

anasslaaleg

anasslaaleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like AK more than KQ it has more value, but it depend on the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I prefer AK, I play hard mainly, which would be said and the card is stronger. Even when they are in color this card I think they are great. This is my opinion, I do not understand you or respect your opinion. Greeting!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK. AK is a better hand than KQ preflop and has more equity.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
AK is more favored than KQ because it has the over card ace,but i prefer the KQ because it has more outs than the AK because AK to me just like A4 or under can only have 4 outs for the open end which makes it no better than a gut shot.

Let's both bring $100 to the table, and each of us will put in $1 each and run out 5 cards 100 different times. I will always have AK and you will always have your KQ. and I will win roughly 75% of the time and walk away with most of your $100:deal:

E

emobe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to play poker with you if that's your strategy

Sliva603ynwa

Sliva603ynwa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also choose AK. AK-47. With such a pocket pair, I would immediately win the tournament. Joke, I'm for fair play.

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer AK, the rank is greater, although I will not always win with them, it all depends on the flop.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure anybody would prefer KQ over AK. The only benefit of KQ over AK is that you might have an easier time throwing it away when you miss the flop. Otherwise, AK destroys KQ. It's a great hand to have late in tournaments when everybody is shoving their short stack since you will frequently find yourself dominating hands like AQ/AJ/AT. As far as the straight goes, sure you need QJT only for the high straight. However, you get straights far less often than you get weaker hands like 1 pair. So, I can't really see the logic in preferring KQ over AK.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won't even go into details. AK clearly better than KQ.

chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Code:
[url=https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php]Poker Odds Calculator[/url] from CardsChat.com
[b]Texas Holdem: [/b]
[b]Player 1[/b] ( :as: :ks: ): [color=green]71.06%[/color] lose [color=red]27.85%[/color] tie [color=gray]1.09%[/color] EV [b]0.71[/b]
[b]Player 2[/b] ( :kd: :qd: ): [color=green]27.85%[/color] lose [color=red]71.06%[/color] tie [color=gray]1.09%[/color] EV [b]0.28[/b]

i will prefer AK only:p;)

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ak is the best

I love AK I think is a really good hand well is one of the best hand in poker. I really like it cause' you can play that hand very easily and pre-flop you can go most of the time all in with Ak besides that AK is dominating KQ most of the time. I feel so confident when I am playing with AK and I think that's something really good in poker when you are confident.