AK in position facing a 4-bet

sixpeppers

sixpeppers

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling 4b to fold flop with 76bb eff stacks is burning $$$$, either fold to the 4b or jam imo.

This is not entirely true, but getting it in seems best, calling and getting in on all flops that aren't 3flush of not your suit could be good. And most importantly (listen up) "IF YOU ARE EVEN THINKING OF FOLDING TO THE 4BET DONT 3BET!"

S

sunmingtao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not entirely true, but getting it in seems best, calling and getting in on all flops that aren't 3flush of not your suit could be good. And most importantly (listen up) "IF YOU ARE EVEN THINKING OF FOLDING TO THE 4BET DONT 3BET!"
j
so you never heard of 3bet light?

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
j
I think he has :)

Maybe you should read up on it though, "if your thinking of folding to a 4bet dont 3bet", applys here because AK has too much value to fold.....but i'm sure he wouldnt say the same if hero was 3betting 67s.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you dont HAVE to 3bet you know
If we think he only shoves or folds to a 3bet then I agree, against nittier guys, or at least guys who clearly arent opening wide from w/e position then when i'm IP i like the low variance play of just calling and seeing what the flops like, purely because if they fold we've lost value, and if they get it in, or min 4bet like here, then at FR we're usually behind, QQ/AK hell even KK either calls the 3bet OOP or shoves, AA 4bets lol, people arent 4betting light AT ALL at the micros, 4bets are always for huge value trying to milk a pot for all its worth.

S

sunmingtao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have 42% equity v a range of QQ+, AK. There is $3.55 dead money in the pot he has $5.45 behind after his 4b.

Then it would make the shove just about 0 EV play. However villain's range could well be KK+, making shove as bad as call.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Can you explain the rationale behind gettin it in on dry flops please v this villain?

j

I'm assuming he means 3bet folding AK.

Then it would make the shove just about 0 EV play. However villain's range could well be KK+, making shove as bad as call.

Well yes his range could be KK+, if it is then you wouldn't 3b.

sixpeppers

sixpeppers

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you explain the rationale behind gettin it in on dry flops please v this villain?

I'm assuming he means 3bet folding AK.

Well yes his range could be KK+, if it is then you wouldn't 3b.

Sorry I meant preflop. I think originally I didn't even see that he flatted the 4bet.