AK - To cBet or not to cBet

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing about checking back a hand like this is it can add a lot of differant layers to our game. Rather than just c-betting when we have a hand and check when we don't. If our opponants know we are capable of checking back made hands it can open up a lot of opportunities for us later on.

I think this type of WA/WB play is far more valuable for tournament play, where preservation of our Stack is more important than the one pot, and one mistake screws us.

but i still think it can be used playing cash games. THere's no one way to do things, if we decide to start checking back flops like this, we need to think about how this effects our image and how we can exploit things by doing this.

SOrry, it's 2AM and i'm rambling. SHutup wizzim :)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe at the lower limits, but not as you go up past NL25-50. Again, I play NL200/400 primarily.

If the pots starts getting big and you only have TPTK, you're almost always behind. AQ/AJ/AT do not give you 3 streets of value, and looking for 3 streets of value or stacking off with only TPTK is insane imo.

IP, at stakes where people are better hand readers, I'd go for two streets of value. I think there are a lot more variables than just stakes though - table image plays a big part, as does the stats of an opponent.

I'm not completely opposed to not c-betting TPTK with AK, but at the same time I think we make things a lot easier for ourselves on later streets unless we are against players who will make multi-street bluffs, and we get a lot of value against loser opponents on the earlier streets who have worse hands especially at the micros.

Just my 2cents :)