ACR 5-Card Omaha

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone else played these new 5-card omaha cash games on ACR?

I played both 5-card PLO and hi/lo - microstakes.

I seemed to run good the first couple of times I played.

And it wasn't just luck (lol) - players were making meaningful mistakes - like calling down with their A2 and getting quartered.

But now I seem to be running bad in these games and I'm considering re-evaluating the way I play these particular games on ACR.

I would appreciate any advice.

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, when playing 5-card Omaha cash games, it's important to remember that you have an extra card to work with compared to traditional Omaha, which can change the way you approach the game.

First, you'll want to adjust your starting hand requirements. The extra card means that you'll have more potential combinations to make strong hands, so you can afford to be more selective in the hands you play. However, it also means that your opponents will have more opportunities to make strong hands, so you'll need to be more cautious in certain situations.

One strategy you can use is to focus on playing premium hands preflop, such as 5-card hands with an A-A or K-K in them, and be more aggressive with these hands in order to build a big pot.

Another important aspect to consider is postflop play. Since you have more cards to work with, you'll have more potential draws, which can be both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it gives you more opportunities to make big hands, but on the other hand, it also means that your opponents will have more opportunities to make big hands as well.

Also, you should consider the possibility of making a low hand in the Hi/Lo version of the game, which requires a different approach to hand selection and postflop play.

Finally, it's crucial to pay attention to your opponents' tendencies and adjust your strategy accordingly. If you notice that they are making mistakes and calling down with weaker hands, you can exploit this by betting larger and taking advantage of their errors.

In summary, playing 5-card Omaha cash games on ACR requires a different approach than traditional Omaha, and it's important to adjust your strategy accordingly. Reviewing your hand history, staying selective with your starting hands, and paying attention to your opponents' tendencies are all key to improving your results.