AAxx jam?

T

TheBackpack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was playing Omaha, had naked aces, buddy 3 bets me, decided to just call and trap, he was 300 blinds deep and he 3 bet KK and QQ a lot, also important to note, that he will jam his over pairs 300 big blinds almost every time.

So anyways I decided to flat so he didn't know I had aces, board goes Q-10-6 (rainbow), he pots into me immediately, I'm only invested 15 blinds into this pot, and decided to fold. However I think I should of jammed him, as he's calling with KK hands. He's also jamming all of his wraps which I have 2 outs from (AA).

I decided to fold as I wasn't blocking anything but wrap outs with my AA, it's really pissing me off for some reason though, should of repopped still maybe.

What do you guys think?

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't give any concrete proof that your decision was either correct or incorrect, however, I personally would be inclined to fold the bet as well. The three bet, alongside your description of the player, would suggest that he has a QQ a substantial amount of the time. And if that's the case, the likelihood of your winning against a set of queen is extremely low given the cards on the flop.
Has he bluffed in similar situations before? Because it's possible he could had been bluffing, and it's hard to tell whether or not he was without knowing what kind of player he is.

I'm a stickler when it comes to slow playing but, I think that you should favor aggressive actions when you think that you have the better hand between yourself and your opponent. Calling he three bet wasn't a bad move, it's just one I would suggest you do less often than four betting in the same situation.

T

TheBackpack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I usually always 4bet AA hands, I had AA29 no suits however, so I decided to flat, and maybe get the money in safely against KK on a paired board. I was also considering to jam if I had blocker like a Q or 10, but I had no blockers, so I decided to fold.

I ended up putting in a bunch of KK hands in a equity calculator, it made me think that the correct decision was too fold. A lot of KK hands have 40% equity against my hand. If he had bad KK like mine, I would be huge favourite, but that literally is the bottom of his range aside from complete airball hands. He could have QQ, he could have KKQ10, those would all be very bad hands. He could also have a hand like KQJ10, or Q J 10 9, which also would have me in rough shape.

He could of had A774 or something like that too and decided to bluff, he had some random 3 bets in his range. Not many, but sometimes he would randomly 3bet trash hands.

I think all being said, only 15 blinds in, 300 left over, probably fold. I was literally at the bottom of my range with a naked pair of Aces (for hands that will call POT POT POT, against this specific player).

Last edited:
Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it sometimes happens when you really notice that you need to fold a couple of aces.