Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ginNjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Idiocy is blissful. BTW, it's just a quick guide to valuing your pre flop strength. The % point represents the percentage that you will win outright, pre flop.

Yes, thank you. But all these all knowing PRO's here, know better. LOL

-

I never claimed to be a pro, I win, but by no means am I a pro. Anyways....this is going to need some explaining.

56% of the time, outright, pre-flop. This statement, and excuse my apparent ignorance, makes no sense. I don't know if you mean people are going to fold to me and I'll take it down pre-flop, or if my hand will hold up 56% of the time with 3, 4, or 5 cards. The reason the math isn't making sense is that it takes no consideration to other starting hands or number of opponents, street you reach, or showdown.

I have an extremely aggressive style of play and base a lot of my bets off of what I think I can represent and what I think my opponents have. If this is used by Gus Hansen, then it might actually be useful for me and my style, but I'll have to look into it more before I implement this into my play.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never claimed to be a pro, I win, but by no means am I a pro. Anyways....this is going to need some explaining.

56% of the time, outright, pre-flop. This statement, and excuse my apparent ignorance, makes no sense. I don't know if you mean people are going to fold to me and I'll take it down pre-flop, or if my hand will hold up 56% of the time with 3, 4, or 5 cards. The reason the math isn't making sense is that it takes no consideration to other starting hands or number of opponents, street you reach, or showdown.

I have an extremely aggressive style of play and base a lot of my bets off of what I think I can represent and what I think my opponents have. If this is used by Gus Hansen, then it might actually be useful for me and my style, but I'll have to look into it more before I implement this into my play.

It's not really a percentage of anything. It's just a way to value your hand, preflop, against it's ability to win outright from that point.

-

G

ginNjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not really a percentage of anything. It's just a way to value your hand, preflop, against it's ability to win outright from that point.

-
Then drop the % symbol. It's not a % so don't use it.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh ok i see, so when i have 5,7 off, i can say YES I HAVE 24 (BLANK)

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, but AK has 6 outs and QQ only has 2
:p

AK only has 3 outs and two of them must be hit against AA if that's what you're getting at..

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK only has 3 outs and two of them must be hit against AA if that's what you're getting at..

no thats not what hes getting at, its a joke what philthy was saying

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What an entertaining read this thread was lol.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never go all in preflop. Why would you, you don't even know what could happen on the flop...

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is only 1 pair.

ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.